Aug 18, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Former Vanderbilt point guard Kyle Fuller is hoping to release a book that details some of the dirty happenings in the world of college basketball.
The book, tentatively titled, “Below the Rim” is described by Fuller as breaking down things like sex, drugs and parties that occur with major college basketball players.
While the controversial content will be the main selling point of Fuller’s book, he’ll also go into matters like race, gangs and poverty and how they affect college basketball players.
According to Nick Cole of The Tennessean the book will be co-authored by Vanderbilt graduates Eric Schulman and Jerry Castro and is 40 percent complete and due to be released next summer.
If you wish to pre-order the book or find more information on it, you can visit zoomfuller.com
Personally, I’m more interested to hear Fuller’s take on race, gangs and poverty than I am about the partying and sex and drugs. There have been plenty of stories and dramatizations of major college basketball stars partying — notably in the Spike Lee film He Got Game — but I want to hear what Fuller has to say on the other matters that don’t get nearly as much publicity in regards to college basketball.
A native of California, the 6-foot-1 Fuller finished out his four-year career at Vanderbilt in 2013-14 by averaging 11 points, 4.2 assists and 3.7 rebounds per game in 31.7 minutes of action per game.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 18
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (18)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)