Aug 18, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Former Vanderbilt point guard Kyle Fuller is hoping to release a book that details some of the dirty happenings in the world of college basketball.
The book, tentatively titled, “Below the Rim” is described by Fuller as breaking down things like sex, drugs and parties that occur with major college basketball players.
While the controversial content will be the main selling point of Fuller’s book, he’ll also go into matters like race, gangs and poverty and how they affect college basketball players.
According to Nick Cole of The Tennessean the book will be co-authored by Vanderbilt graduates Eric Schulman and Jerry Castro and is 40 percent complete and due to be released next summer.
If you wish to pre-order the book or find more information on it, you can visit zoomfuller.com
Personally, I’m more interested to hear Fuller’s take on race, gangs and poverty than I am about the partying and sex and drugs. There have been plenty of stories and dramatizations of major college basketball stars partying — notably in the Spike Lee film He Got Game — but I want to hear what Fuller has to say on the other matters that don’t get nearly as much publicity in regards to college basketball.
A native of California, the 6-foot-1 Fuller finished out his four-year career at Vanderbilt in 2013-14 by averaging 11 points, 4.2 assists and 3.7 rebounds per game in 31.7 minutes of action per game.
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 0
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 11
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (23)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)