Aug 18, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Former Vanderbilt point guard Kyle Fuller is hoping to release a book that details some of the dirty happenings in the world of college basketball.
The book, tentatively titled, “Below the Rim” is described by Fuller as breaking down things like sex, drugs and parties that occur with major college basketball players.
While the controversial content will be the main selling point of Fuller’s book, he’ll also go into matters like race, gangs and poverty and how they affect college basketball players.
According to Nick Cole of The Tennessean the book will be co-authored by Vanderbilt graduates Eric Schulman and Jerry Castro and is 40 percent complete and due to be released next summer.
If you wish to pre-order the book or find more information on it, you can visit zoomfuller.com
Personally, I’m more interested to hear Fuller’s take on race, gangs and poverty than I am about the partying and sex and drugs. There have been plenty of stories and dramatizations of major college basketball stars partying — notably in the Spike Lee film He Got Game — but I want to hear what Fuller has to say on the other matters that don’t get nearly as much publicity in regards to college basketball.
A native of California, the 6-foot-1 Fuller finished out his four-year career at Vanderbilt in 2013-14 by averaging 11 points, 4.2 assists and 3.7 rebounds per game in 31.7 minutes of action per game.
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 1
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 11 Wichita State, No. 19 Baylor among winners in games matching ranked teams 1
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 0
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)