Aug 18, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Former Vanderbilt point guard Kyle Fuller is hoping to release a book that details some of the dirty happenings in the world of college basketball.
The book, tentatively titled, “Below the Rim” is described by Fuller as breaking down things like sex, drugs and parties that occur with major college basketball players.
While the controversial content will be the main selling point of Fuller’s book, he’ll also go into matters like race, gangs and poverty and how they affect college basketball players.
According to Nick Cole of The Tennessean the book will be co-authored by Vanderbilt graduates Eric Schulman and Jerry Castro and is 40 percent complete and due to be released next summer.
If you wish to pre-order the book or find more information on it, you can visit zoomfuller.com
Personally, I’m more interested to hear Fuller’s take on race, gangs and poverty than I am about the partying and sex and drugs. There have been plenty of stories and dramatizations of major college basketball stars partying — notably in the Spike Lee film He Got Game — but I want to hear what Fuller has to say on the other matters that don’t get nearly as much publicity in regards to college basketball.
A native of California, the 6-foot-1 Fuller finished out his four-year career at Vanderbilt in 2013-14 by averaging 11 points, 4.2 assists and 3.7 rebounds per game in 31.7 minutes of action per game.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)