Aug 18, 2014, 2:24 PM EST
Kansas transfer Andrew White has finally figured out where he will be finishing up his collegiate career, as the 6-foot-6 wing committed to Nebraska on Monday, a source confirmed to NBCSports. The news was first reported by CBSSports.
White, a native of Richmond, Va., was a top 50 recruit in the Class of 2012, but he was never quite able to break into the Jayhawks rotation. As a freshman, he played behind Ben McLemore. As a sophomore, he was stuck behind Andrew Wiggins and Wayne Selden. This season, Selden returned while Kansas added Kelly Oubre and Svi Mykhailiuk. He may never have started a game for Bill Self.
White will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season as a transfer, but he will have two years of eligibility remaining beginning with the 2015-2016 season. Do the math, and Tim Miles could end up having a year where he starts Tai Webster, Terran Petteway and White on the perimeter. That’s a lot of talent.
It’s also the second commitment that Tim Miles has received on Monday. Aguek Arop, a 6-foot-4 wing in the Class of 2017, also committed to Nebraska on Monday morning. Arop is from Omaha, but he has not yet been ranked or rated by Rivals.
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 25
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- No. 13 Gonzaga makes definitive statement with blowout of No. 22 SMU 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (25)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)