Aug 18, 2014, 2:24 PM EST
Kansas transfer Andrew White has finally figured out where he will be finishing up his collegiate career, as the 6-foot-6 wing committed to Nebraska on Monday, a source confirmed to NBCSports. The news was first reported by CBSSports.
White, a native of Richmond, Va., was a top 50 recruit in the Class of 2012, but he was never quite able to break into the Jayhawks rotation. As a freshman, he played behind Ben McLemore. As a sophomore, he was stuck behind Andrew Wiggins and Wayne Selden. This season, Selden returned while Kansas added Kelly Oubre and Svi Mykhailiuk. He may never have started a game for Bill Self.
White will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season as a transfer, but he will have two years of eligibility remaining beginning with the 2015-2016 season. Do the math, and Tim Miles could end up having a year where he starts Tai Webster, Terran Petteway and White on the perimeter. That’s a lot of talent.
It’s also the second commitment that Tim Miles has received on Monday. Aguek Arop, a 6-foot-4 wing in the Class of 2017, also committed to Nebraska on Monday morning. Arop is from Omaha, but he has not yet been ranked or rated by Rivals.
- Why Duke’s road win at Virginia was so shocking 3
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)