Aug 18, 2014, 2:24 PM EDT
Kansas transfer Andrew White has finally figured out where he will be finishing up his collegiate career, as the 6-foot-6 wing committed to Nebraska on Monday, a source confirmed to NBCSports. The news was first reported by CBSSports.
White, a native of Richmond, Va., was a top 50 recruit in the Class of 2012, but he was never quite able to break into the Jayhawks rotation. As a freshman, he played behind Ben McLemore. As a sophomore, he was stuck behind Andrew Wiggins and Wayne Selden. This season, Selden returned while Kansas added Kelly Oubre and Svi Mykhailiuk. He may never have started a game for Bill Self.
White will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season as a transfer, but he will have two years of eligibility remaining beginning with the 2015-2016 season. Do the math, and Tim Miles could end up having a year where he starts Tai Webster, Terran Petteway and White on the perimeter. That’s a lot of talent.
It’s also the second commitment that Tim Miles has received on Monday. Aguek Arop, a 6-foot-4 wing in the Class of 2017, also committed to Nebraska on Monday morning. Arop is from Omaha, but he has not yet been ranked or rated by Rivals.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)