Aug 18, 2014, 6:24 PM EDT
Although former Tulsa player Patrick Swilling Jr., was not criminally charged or named a defendant in the civil case, the lawsuit alleges that the school knew or should have known about previous allegations lobbied against Swilling Jr., including an incident as a junior college player at the College of Southern Idaho and similar alleged incidents at Tulsa.
The lawsuit says that three other women have alleged sexual misconduct against Swilling. Swilling was suspended from the men’s basketball team in February amid a university investigation and he missed 11 games and didn’t play the rest of the season.
Tulsa’s dean of students cleared Swilling of any violations of the student code of conduct in April and the son of former NFL All-Pro Pat Swilling is now attempting to play football at Tulsa in his final season of eligibility.
The lawsuit contends that Tulsa’s handling of the matter in 2014 violated federal Title IX laws. Tulsa has 21 days to respond to the complaint, which was filed in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)