Aug 19, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Carleton erased any thoughts that Saturday night’s win over Memphis was a fluke after defeating the Tigers for the second time in four days. On Tuesday night, the Ravens ran away with a 92-60 victory over Memphis in Ottawa, Ontraio.
On Saturday night, the Ravens jumped out to an enormous first half lead. They would eventually hold on to an 86-76 win after Memphis outscored them by 16 in the second half, and limited them to only 36 percent shooting. But on Tuesday, Carleton turned a 13-point halftime lead into a 32-point victory. And if you were following L. Jason Smith, of the Commercial-Appeal, who was inside the Ravens’ Nest, live tweeting the blowout loss, you know Carleton guard Philip Scrubb was the star once again.
After scoring 35 points in the first game, the 6-foot-3 guard dropped a game-high 30 in the second meeting. He torched the Tigers in both games, shooting a combined 21 of 36 from the field and 10 of 19 from beyond the arc. Pookie Powell had a team-high 13 for Memphis followed by Chris Hawkins off the bench with 10. Austin Nichols did not play again.
For Carleton, this ends an impressive ends an impressive nine-day stretch. Carleton, the Canadian powerhouse that defeated Final Four-bound Wisconsin last summer, beat Vermont and UIC as well. The only loss Carleton suffered was a 10-point loss to Indiana to start the annual showcase. Scrubb did not play, as he was with the Canadian national team.
Memphis finished the trip 2-2.
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)