Aug 19, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Carleton erased any thoughts that Saturday night’s win over Memphis was a fluke after defeating the Tigers for the second time in four days. On Tuesday night, the Ravens ran away with a 92-60 victory over Memphis in Ottawa, Ontraio.
On Saturday night, the Ravens jumped out to an enormous first half lead. They would eventually hold on to an 86-76 win after Memphis outscored them by 16 in the second half, and limited them to only 36 percent shooting. But on Tuesday, Carleton turned a 13-point halftime lead into a 32-point victory. And if you were following L. Jason Smith, of the Commercial-Appeal, who was inside the Ravens’ Nest, live tweeting the blowout loss, you know Carleton guard Philip Scrubb was the star once again.
After scoring 35 points in the first game, the 6-foot-3 guard dropped a game-high 30 in the second meeting. He torched the Tigers in both games, shooting a combined 21 of 36 from the field and 10 of 19 from beyond the arc. Pookie Powell had a team-high 13 for Memphis followed by Chris Hawkins off the bench with 10. Austin Nichols did not play again.
For Carleton, this ends an impressive ends an impressive nine-day stretch. Carleton, the Canadian powerhouse that defeated Final Four-bound Wisconsin last summer, beat Vermont and UIC as well. The only loss Carleton suffered was a 10-point loss to Indiana to start the annual showcase. Scrubb did not play, as he was with the Canadian national team.
Memphis finished the trip 2-2.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)