Aug 19, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Carleton erased any thoughts that Saturday night’s win over Memphis was a fluke after defeating the Tigers for the second time in four days. On Tuesday night, the Ravens ran away with a 92-60 victory over Memphis in Ottawa, Ontraio.
On Saturday night, the Ravens jumped out to an enormous first half lead. They would eventually hold on to an 86-76 win after Memphis outscored them by 16 in the second half, and limited them to only 36 percent shooting. But on Tuesday, Carleton turned a 13-point halftime lead into a 32-point victory. And if you were following L. Jason Smith, of the Commercial-Appeal, who was inside the Ravens’ Nest, live tweeting the blowout loss, you know Carleton guard Philip Scrubb was the star once again.
After scoring 35 points in the first game, the 6-foot-3 guard dropped a game-high 30 in the second meeting. He torched the Tigers in both games, shooting a combined 21 of 36 from the field and 10 of 19 from beyond the arc. Pookie Powell had a team-high 13 for Memphis followed by Chris Hawkins off the bench with 10. Austin Nichols did not play again.
For Carleton, this ends an impressive ends an impressive nine-day stretch. Carleton, the Canadian powerhouse that defeated Final Four-bound Wisconsin last summer, beat Vermont and UIC as well. The only loss Carleton suffered was a 10-point loss to Indiana to start the annual showcase. Scrubb did not play, as he was with the Canadian national team.
Memphis finished the trip 2-2.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 7
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (7)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)