Aug 19, 2014, 10:29 AM EDT
Clemson head coach Brad Brownell and his coaching staff posted a video of themselves doing the ice bucket challenge this week.
I know you’re probably getting sick of these — my Facebook timeline has been 90% ice bucket videos for weeks — but the bottom line is that it is something fun to do for a good cause. Don’t believe me? Well, according to the internet’s favorite tweeter Darren Rovell, the national chapter of the ALS Association has gathered $22.9 million in donations over the last 22 days.
They got $23.5 million in 2013.
Neer underestimate the power of making yourself look like an idiot on video for charity.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)