Aug 19, 2014, 10:29 AM EDT
Clemson head coach Brad Brownell and his coaching staff posted a video of themselves doing the ice bucket challenge this week.
I know you’re probably getting sick of these — my Facebook timeline has been 90% ice bucket videos for weeks — but the bottom line is that it is something fun to do for a good cause. Don’t believe me? Well, according to the internet’s favorite tweeter Darren Rovell, the national chapter of the ALS Association has gathered $22.9 million in donations over the last 22 days.
They got $23.5 million in 2013.
Neer underestimate the power of making yourself look like an idiot on video for charity.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)