Aug 19, 2014, 6:07 PM EST
On Tuesday evening, Hickman High (Missouri) 2015 scoring guard Jimmy Whitt announced that he had committed to Arkansas.
The Razorbacks uprooted the 6-foot-2 Whitt from Missouri. Those were the two programs believed to be the favorites for his services. Marquette, Illinois and SMU were also in the mix. Whitt is rated as a four-star prospect, rated as the No. 52 overall player in the Class of 2015 by Rivals. On August 5, he announced his list of five official visits, though, he ended his recruitment before making any trips.
Whitt discussed each of his options back on August 7 with Steve Walentik of the Columbia Daily Tribune In the interview, Whitt mentioned he liked Arkansas’ style of play.
“I think I like the fast-tempo style of play. They really play like my high school with the whole pressing thing. They like to get up and down. I feel like that’s something I’m comfortable with, something I’m used to with high school — being able to get up and down the court, being able to create off the dribble, just create different plays for teammates. It’s a really fast-paced game, and I think that’s something I really like about it because that’s the type of game I like to play. I don’t really like to sit back in the half-court sets. I really like to get up and down the court.”
During the summer he played for KC Run GMC in the Under Armour Association. In 14 games, he averaged a team-high 17.1 points, shooting 55 percent from the field to go along wit his 3.9 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game.
Whitt is the first commit in the Class of 2015 for Mike Anderson.
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 12
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 5
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (12)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)