Aug 19, 2014, 6:07 PM EDT
On Tuesday evening, Hickman High (Missouri) 2015 scoring guard Jimmy Whitt announced that he had committed to Arkansas.
The Razorbacks uprooted the 6-foot-2 Whitt from Missouri. Those were the two programs believed to be the favorites for his services. Marquette, Illinois and SMU were also in the mix. Whitt is rated as a four-star prospect, rated as the No. 52 overall player in the Class of 2015 by Rivals. On August 5, he announced his list of five official visits, though, he ended his recruitment before making any trips.
Whitt discussed each of his options back on August 7 with Steve Walentik of the Columbia Daily Tribune In the interview, Whitt mentioned he liked Arkansas’ style of play.
“I think I like the fast-tempo style of play. They really play like my high school with the whole pressing thing. They like to get up and down. I feel like that’s something I’m comfortable with, something I’m used to with high school — being able to get up and down the court, being able to create off the dribble, just create different plays for teammates. It’s a really fast-paced game, and I think that’s something I really like about it because that’s the type of game I like to play. I don’t really like to sit back in the half-court sets. I really like to get up and down the court.”
During the summer he played for KC Run GMC in the Under Armour Association. In 14 games, he averaged a team-high 17.1 points, shooting 55 percent from the field to go along wit his 3.9 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game.
Whitt is the first commit in the Class of 2015 for Mike Anderson.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)