Aug 19, 2014, 6:07 PM EDT
On Tuesday evening, Hickman High (Missouri) 2015 scoring guard Jimmy Whitt announced that he had committed to Arkansas.
The Razorbacks uprooted the 6-foot-2 Whitt from Missouri. Those were the two programs believed to be the favorites for his services. Marquette, Illinois and SMU were also in the mix. Whitt is rated as a four-star prospect, rated as the No. 52 overall player in the Class of 2015 by Rivals. On August 5, he announced his list of five official visits, though, he ended his recruitment before making any trips.
Whitt discussed each of his options back on August 7 with Steve Walentik of the Columbia Daily Tribune In the interview, Whitt mentioned he liked Arkansas’ style of play.
“I think I like the fast-tempo style of play. They really play like my high school with the whole pressing thing. They like to get up and down. I feel like that’s something I’m comfortable with, something I’m used to with high school — being able to get up and down the court, being able to create off the dribble, just create different plays for teammates. It’s a really fast-paced game, and I think that’s something I really like about it because that’s the type of game I like to play. I don’t really like to sit back in the half-court sets. I really like to get up and down the court.”
During the summer he played for KC Run GMC in the Under Armour Association. In 14 games, he averaged a team-high 17.1 points, shooting 55 percent from the field to go along wit his 3.9 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game.
Whitt is the first commit in the Class of 2015 for Mike Anderson.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 2
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)