Aug 19, 2014, 6:07 PM EST
On Tuesday evening, Hickman High (Missouri) 2015 scoring guard Jimmy Whitt announced that he had committed to Arkansas.
The Razorbacks uprooted the 6-foot-2 Whitt from Missouri. Those were the two programs believed to be the favorites for his services. Marquette, Illinois and SMU were also in the mix. Whitt is rated as a four-star prospect, rated as the No. 52 overall player in the Class of 2015 by Rivals. On August 5, he announced his list of five official visits, though, he ended his recruitment before making any trips.
Whitt discussed each of his options back on August 7 with Steve Walentik of the Columbia Daily Tribune In the interview, Whitt mentioned he liked Arkansas’ style of play.
“I think I like the fast-tempo style of play. They really play like my high school with the whole pressing thing. They like to get up and down. I feel like that’s something I’m comfortable with, something I’m used to with high school — being able to get up and down the court, being able to create off the dribble, just create different plays for teammates. It’s a really fast-paced game, and I think that’s something I really like about it because that’s the type of game I like to play. I don’t really like to sit back in the half-court sets. I really like to get up and down the court.”
During the summer he played for KC Run GMC in the Under Armour Association. In 14 games, he averaged a team-high 17.1 points, shooting 55 percent from the field to go along wit his 3.9 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game.
Whitt is the first commit in the Class of 2015 for Mike Anderson.
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 17
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- No. 13 Gonzaga makes definitive statement with blowout of No. 22 SMU 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (17)
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Can the ACC produce four Final Four teams? (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Report: Kansas transfer Conner Frankamp considering Colorado, Wichita State (3)