Aug 19, 2014, 6:07 PM EST
On Tuesday evening, Hickman High (Missouri) 2015 scoring guard Jimmy Whitt announced that he had committed to Arkansas.
The Razorbacks uprooted the 6-foot-2 Whitt from Missouri. Those were the two programs believed to be the favorites for his services. Marquette, Illinois and SMU were also in the mix. Whitt is rated as a four-star prospect, rated as the No. 52 overall player in the Class of 2015 by Rivals. On August 5, he announced his list of five official visits, though, he ended his recruitment before making any trips.
Whitt discussed each of his options back on August 7 with Steve Walentik of the Columbia Daily Tribune In the interview, Whitt mentioned he liked Arkansas’ style of play.
“I think I like the fast-tempo style of play. They really play like my high school with the whole pressing thing. They like to get up and down. I feel like that’s something I’m comfortable with, something I’m used to with high school — being able to get up and down the court, being able to create off the dribble, just create different plays for teammates. It’s a really fast-paced game, and I think that’s something I really like about it because that’s the type of game I like to play. I don’t really like to sit back in the half-court sets. I really like to get up and down the court.”
During the summer he played for KC Run GMC in the Under Armour Association. In 14 games, he averaged a team-high 17.1 points, shooting 55 percent from the field to go along wit his 3.9 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game.
Whitt is the first commit in the Class of 2015 for Mike Anderson.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)