Aug 19, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
John Wallace Jr. has settled on a place to continue his collegiate career.
A native of Rochester, New York, Wallace spent the past two seasons playing for Hillsborough C.C. in Tampa, Florida, and will continue his collegiate career at Nicholls State, according to the Syracuse Post-Standard.
In a vacuum, a team in the Southland adding a 6-foot-1 JuCo point guard isn’t really news, but this isn’t in a vacuum.
If you don’t recognize the name yet, I’m assuming that you’re not from Upstate New York, where John Wallace, Sr., is a legend. He was Mr. Basketball in New York when he led Greene Athena HS in Rochester to their only state championship before going to Syracuse. He carried the Orange for four years, averaging 22.2 points as a senior when he took them to the national title game.
I think it’s safe to say that the Colonels just become the most popular Southland program in New York.
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)