Aug 19, 2014, 3:54 PM EST
John Wallace Jr. has settled on a place to continue his collegiate career.
A native of Rochester, New York, Wallace spent the past two seasons playing for Hillsborough C.C. in Tampa, Florida, and will continue his collegiate career at Nicholls State, according to the Syracuse Post-Standard.
In a vacuum, a team in the Southland adding a 6-foot-1 JuCo point guard isn’t really news, but this isn’t in a vacuum.
If you don’t recognize the name yet, I’m assuming that you’re not from Upstate New York, where John Wallace, Sr., is a legend. He was Mr. Basketball in New York when he led Greene Athena HS in Rochester to their only state championship before going to Syracuse. He carried the Orange for four years, averaging 22.2 points as a senior when he took them to the national title game.
I think it’s safe to say that the Colonels just become the most popular Southland program in New York.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 18
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (19)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)