Aug 19, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
Ray Kasongo was an Oregon commit up until July 30, when it was reported that he had been denied admission to the university despite having qualified. Several weeks later, and the 2014 power forward is still without a school.
He initially keyed in on three programs — Cal, Kansas and Memphis — when his recruitment was reopened. Kasongo even took a trip to Lawrence, Kansas. A week later, none of those teams remained in contention. Last week, it was reported the Canadian power forward was down to Indiana and LSU, but LSU was out of the running because international admissions had already been completed, according to Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv. The 6-foot-9 Kasongo has also planned a visit to Indiana after the team returned from its Canadian tour, but his visit was cancelled after he failed to gain admissions at IU.
The next move for Kasongo will take place on Wednesday as he heads to East Lansing for a visit. Michigan State has a scholarship available after redshirt sophomore forward Kenny Kaminski was dismissed from the program in early August.
Kasongo is listed as a three-star prospect by Rivals.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)