Aug 19, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
Ray Kasongo was an Oregon commit up until July 30, when it was reported that he had been denied admission to the university despite having qualified. Several weeks later, and the 2014 power forward is still without a school.
He initially keyed in on three programs — Cal, Kansas and Memphis — when his recruitment was reopened. Kasongo even took a trip to Lawrence, Kansas. A week later, none of those teams remained in contention. Last week, it was reported the Canadian power forward was down to Indiana and LSU, but LSU was out of the running because international admissions had already been completed, according to Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv. The 6-foot-9 Kasongo has also planned a visit to Indiana after the team returned from its Canadian tour, but his visit was cancelled after he failed to gain admissions at IU.
The next move for Kasongo will take place on Wednesday as he heads to East Lansing for a visit. Michigan State has a scholarship available after redshirt sophomore forward Kenny Kaminski was dismissed from the program in early August.
Kasongo is listed as a three-star prospect by Rivals.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)