Aug 20, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Indiana added another piece to their 2014 recruiting class on Wednesday, as 6-foot-7 forward Emmitt Holt announced that he committed to play for the Hoosiers.
Holt is a three-star recruit, according to Rivals, and was originally a member of the Class of 2015 planning on doing a post-grad season Vermont Academy. He was being recruited mostly by mid-majors, holding offers from the likes of Towson, Vermont and Drexel.
“My parents always told me the worst thing in life is to look back and say, ‘I wonder,’ because once doors close it’s rare they are reopened,” Holt said in a statement he posted on twitter. “Today I would like to announce that I have committed to Indiana University.”
Holt is the sixth member of Indiana’s recruiting class, which is headlined by James Blackmon and Robert Johnson. But he’s the second reach that Tom Crean has made this spring in his front court. Tim Priller committed to Indiana with just one other scholarship offer, from Illinois-Chicago. But with Luke Fischer, Peter Jurkin and Jeremy Hollowell leaving the program and Noah Vonleh going pro, Hanner Mosque-Perea was the only returnee in the front court.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)