Aug 20, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Indiana added another piece to their 2014 recruiting class on Wednesday, as 6-foot-7 forward Emmitt Holt announced that he committed to play for the Hoosiers.
Holt is a three-star recruit, according to Rivals, and was originally a member of the Class of 2015 planning on doing a post-grad season Vermont Academy. He was being recruited mostly by mid-majors, holding offers from the likes of Towson, Vermont and Drexel.
“My parents always told me the worst thing in life is to look back and say, ‘I wonder,’ because once doors close it’s rare they are reopened,” Holt said in a statement he posted on twitter. “Today I would like to announce that I have committed to Indiana University.”
Holt is the sixth member of Indiana’s recruiting class, which is headlined by James Blackmon and Robert Johnson. But he’s the second reach that Tom Crean has made this spring in his front court. Tim Priller committed to Indiana with just one other scholarship offer, from Illinois-Chicago. But with Luke Fischer, Peter Jurkin and Jeremy Hollowell leaving the program and Noah Vonleh going pro, Hanner Mosque-Perea was the only returnee in the front court.
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 0
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 0
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 2
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)