Aug 20, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Indiana added another piece to their 2014 recruiting class on Wednesday, as 6-foot-7 forward Emmitt Holt announced that he committed to play for the Hoosiers.
Holt is a three-star recruit, according to Rivals, and was originally a member of the Class of 2015 planning on doing a post-grad season Vermont Academy. He was being recruited mostly by mid-majors, holding offers from the likes of Towson, Vermont and Drexel.
“My parents always told me the worst thing in life is to look back and say, ‘I wonder,’ because once doors close it’s rare they are reopened,” Holt said in a statement he posted on twitter. “Today I would like to announce that I have committed to Indiana University.”
Holt is the sixth member of Indiana’s recruiting class, which is headlined by James Blackmon and Robert Johnson. But he’s the second reach that Tom Crean has made this spring in his front court. Tim Priller committed to Indiana with just one other scholarship offer, from Illinois-Chicago. But with Luke Fischer, Peter Jurkin and Jeremy Hollowell leaving the program and Noah Vonleh going pro, Hanner Mosque-Perea was the only returnee in the front court.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)