Aug 20, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Indiana added another piece to their 2014 recruiting class on Wednesday, as 6-foot-7 forward Emmitt Holt announced that he committed to play for the Hoosiers.
Holt is a three-star recruit, according to Rivals, and was originally a member of the Class of 2015 planning on doing a post-grad season Vermont Academy. He was being recruited mostly by mid-majors, holding offers from the likes of Towson, Vermont and Drexel.
“My parents always told me the worst thing in life is to look back and say, ‘I wonder,’ because once doors close it’s rare they are reopened,” Holt said in a statement he posted on twitter. “Today I would like to announce that I have committed to Indiana University.”
Holt is the sixth member of Indiana’s recruiting class, which is headlined by James Blackmon and Robert Johnson. But he’s the second reach that Tom Crean has made this spring in his front court. Tim Priller committed to Indiana with just one other scholarship offer, from Illinois-Chicago. But with Luke Fischer, Peter Jurkin and Jeremy Hollowell leaving the program and Noah Vonleh going pro, Hanner Mosque-Perea was the only returnee in the front court.
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- Ron Baker was the best college player for Team USA at Pan-Am Games (2)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)