Aug 20, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Indiana added another piece to their 2014 recruiting class on Wednesday, as 6-foot-7 forward Emmitt Holt announced that he committed to play for the Hoosiers.
Holt is a three-star recruit, according to Rivals, and was originally a member of the Class of 2015 planning on doing a post-grad season Vermont Academy. He was being recruited mostly by mid-majors, holding offers from the likes of Towson, Vermont and Drexel.
“My parents always told me the worst thing in life is to look back and say, ‘I wonder,’ because once doors close it’s rare they are reopened,” Holt said in a statement he posted on twitter. “Today I would like to announce that I have committed to Indiana University.”
Holt is the sixth member of Indiana’s recruiting class, which is headlined by James Blackmon and Robert Johnson. But he’s the second reach that Tom Crean has made this spring in his front court. Tim Priller committed to Indiana with just one other scholarship offer, from Illinois-Chicago. But with Luke Fischer, Peter Jurkin and Jeremy Hollowell leaving the program and Noah Vonleh going pro, Hanner Mosque-Perea was the only returnee in the front court.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)