Aug 20, 2014, 9:16 PM EDT
After being one of the schools to fall short in their quest to land Donovan Mitchell earlier this month, Florida State is on the board in the Class of 2015. 6-foot-5 shooting guard Terance Mann, who attends Tilton School in New Hampshire, announced his decision to verbally commit to Leonard Hamilton’s program via Twitter on Wednesday night.
Florida State beat out Arizona State, Boston College, Indiana, Marquette and Rhode Island for Mann’s pledge, with the four-star prospect cutting his list to those six schools in early August. Basketball runs in the family as well, with Mann’s mother entering her first season as the head coach at Rhode Island. Danyia La-Force played four years of college basketball at Georgetown as well, helping lead the Hoyas to a Big East title and a Sweet 16 appearance in 1993.
As for the program Mann has decided to join next season, he’ll be another talented option for a perimeter that won’t lack for options. Both Aaron Thomas and Montay Brandon will have eligibility remaining in 2015-16, and the same goes for Devon Bookert, Xavier Rathan-Mayes and junior college transfers Kedar Edwards and Dayshawn Watkins.
In addition to playing at Tilton, Mann played his grassroots basketball for the BABC program and averaged 10.5 points, 6.6 rebounds and 2.5 assists per contest in Nike EYBL play. Scouts have praised Mann for his ability to break teams down off the dribble, and he’s a solid creator and defender as well. Should he become a more consistent perimeter shooter, Mann will be an even tougher matchup for opponents.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)