Aug 21, 2014, 10:55 AM EDT
John Calipari was on Mike Francesa’s radio show yesterday, and after Cal left, Francesa made a comment saying that Cal isn’t a great x’s-and-o’s coach, that his true strength is his ability to recruit, to motivate and to convince the talent he brings in to buy into the role they need to play.
That’s a fair critique.
But don’t tell Cal that, because Cal immediately called into Francesa’s show as “John from Kentucky” to defend himself.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 33
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (36)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)