Aug 21, 2014, 10:55 AM EDT
John Calipari was on Mike Francesa’s radio show yesterday, and after Cal left, Francesa made a comment saying that Cal isn’t a great x’s-and-o’s coach, that his true strength is his ability to recruit, to motivate and to convince the talent he brings in to buy into the role they need to play.
That’s a fair critique.
But don’t tell Cal that, because Cal immediately called into Francesa’s show as “John from Kentucky” to defend himself.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)