Aug 21, 2014, 10:55 AM EDT
John Calipari was on Mike Francesa’s radio show yesterday, and after Cal left, Francesa made a comment saying that Cal isn’t a great x’s-and-o’s coach, that his true strength is his ability to recruit, to motivate and to convince the talent he brings in to buy into the role they need to play.
That’s a fair critique.
But don’t tell Cal that, because Cal immediately called into Francesa’s show as “John from Kentucky” to defend himself.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)
- Wichita State lands transfer guard from Texas A&M (2)