Aug 21, 2014, 10:55 AM EDT
John Calipari was on Mike Francesa’s radio show yesterday, and after Cal left, Francesa made a comment saying that Cal isn’t a great x’s-and-o’s coach, that his true strength is his ability to recruit, to motivate and to convince the talent he brings in to buy into the role they need to play.
That’s a fair critique.
But don’t tell Cal that, because Cal immediately called into Francesa’s show as “John from Kentucky” to defend himself.
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 4
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Five ACC, three Pac-12 teams headed to Sweet 16 (22)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (19)
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field (15)