Aug 21, 2014, 1:45 PM EST
Stadium Journey released a project that was four years in the making: They ranked the home venue for every single Division I college basketball team.
That is not an easy undertaking.
But as with any list of this nature, there are going to be rankings that are easy to disagree with, and the most obvious issue I have is where the rank Cameron Indoor Stadium, the home of the Duke Blue Devils.
It’s 31st, behind noted college basketball arenas like the Hodge Center (USC Upstate), Diddle Arena (Western Kentucky) and Winthrop Coliseum. Another venue that’s criminally underrated? Hinkle Fieldhouse, which is ranked 27th on this list, behind the storied home courts of Texas, Texas A&M and Baylor.
Anyway, here is the top ten:
- 1. Rupp Arena (Kentucky)
- 2. Carrier Dome (Syracuse)
- 3. FedEx Forum (Memphis)
- 4. CenturyLink Center (Creighton)
- 5. Dee Glen Smith Specturm (Utah State)
- 6. Allen Fieldhouse (Kansas)
- 7. Crisler Center (Michigan)
- 8. The Pit (New Mexico)
- 9. Smith Center (North Carolina)
- 10. Frank Erwin Events Center (Texas)
The lowest ranked high-major programs are Rutgers (335th), Penn State (336th) and, in perhaps the least-shocking ranking on this entire list, DePaul (337th).
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)