Aug 21, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Stadium Journey released a project that was four years in the making: They ranked the home venue for every single Division I college basketball team.
That is not an easy undertaking.
But as with any list of this nature, there are going to be rankings that are easy to disagree with, and the most obvious issue I have is where the rank Cameron Indoor Stadium, the home of the Duke Blue Devils.
It’s 31st, behind noted college basketball arenas like the Hodge Center (USC Upstate), Diddle Arena (Western Kentucky) and Winthrop Coliseum. Another venue that’s criminally underrated? Hinkle Fieldhouse, which is ranked 27th on this list, behind the storied home courts of Texas, Texas A&M and Baylor.
Anyway, here is the top ten:
- 1. Rupp Arena (Kentucky)
- 2. Carrier Dome (Syracuse)
- 3. FedEx Forum (Memphis)
- 4. CenturyLink Center (Creighton)
- 5. Dee Glen Smith Specturm (Utah State)
- 6. Allen Fieldhouse (Kansas)
- 7. Crisler Center (Michigan)
- 8. The Pit (New Mexico)
- 9. Smith Center (North Carolina)
- 10. Frank Erwin Events Center (Texas)
The lowest ranked high-major programs are Rutgers (335th), Penn State (336th) and, in perhaps the least-shocking ranking on this entire list, DePaul (337th).
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)