Aug 22, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Bruce Pearl couldn’t speak to recruits until his show cause ended this weekend, but that didn’t stop Auburn from landing four-star wing Danjel Purifoy, a source confirmed to NBCSports.com.
For Purifoy, a Georgia native and 6-foot-6 wing, to commit to the Tigers without ever speaking to the head coach speaks to the work done by Pearl’s coaching staff as well as the confidence that certain players have in playing for a coach as proven as Pearl.
Purifoy played with the Atlanta Xpress on the grassroots circuit and is the No. 80 prospect in the 2015 class, according to Rivals.
Playing in the Under Armour Association, Purifoy had a solid spring July this year and could be primed for a raise in the rankings and he’s a nice start to Auburn’s recruiting efforts in 2015.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)