Aug 22, 2014, 12:07 PM EST
With four-start point guard Alex Robinson and Avery Johnson Jr. both in their 2014 incoming class, Texas A&M landed another product of the Texas Titans grassroots program Friday morning. According to Evan Daniels of Scout.com, four-star center Tyler Davis has verbally committed to Texas A&M with Davis verifying the report shortly thereafter. Davis had originally scheduled official visits to Baylor and Kansas, but those won’t be happening now that he’s committed to Texas A&M.
Davis is a 6-foot-10, 270-pound big man who’s proven to be a tough matchup for opponents in the paint, and he’s a very important recruit for Texas A&M head coach Billy Kennedy. Davis is Texas A&M’s first commitment in the Class of 2015, with one-time commitment Chris Harris having reopened his recruitment back in late April.
Currently front court depth is an issue for Texas A&M heading into the 2014-15 season, and with Kourtney Roberson entering his senior campaign adding talented bodies is of high importance for Kennedy and his staff. Davis was forced to sit out the 2013-14 season due to his being ruled ineligible by University Interscholastic Committee (Texas high school sports’ governing body) after transferring to Plano West from Frisco Liberty HS.
But Davis, who was recovering from off-season knee surgery at the time of the ruling, made up for lost time on the grassroots circuit with the Texas Titans. In Nike EYBL play Davis posted averages of 14.8 points and 7.7 rebounds per game, helping lead the Titans to the quarterfinals of the EYBL Finals at the Nike Peach Jam.
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)