Aug 23, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
The tenth annual Under Armour Elite 24 was played Saturday night at Pier 2 in Brooklyn, and the game did not disappoint from an entertainment standpoint. Team Liberty, led by 2015 stars Jaylen Brown and Chase Jeter, erased a nine-point halftime deficit to win by the final score of 127-116. Brown scored 23 points and Jeter, who has verbally committed to attend Duke, added 17 to go along with an event-record 15 rebounds. For their efforts Brown and Jeter were named co-MVP’s of the game.
Also on the winning team was 2015 shooting guard Antonio Blakeney, who scored 22 points on 10-for-14 shooting from the field. Team Liberty finished the game with four double-digit scorers, as 2016 forward Jayson Tatum finished with 14 points.
Despite coming out on the short end on the scoreboard Team Freedom was far more balanced offensively, as seven players managed to score at least ten points. 2016 guard Josh Jackson led the way with 18 points, 2015 guard Malik Newman 17 and 2016 forward Harry Giles added 16 to go along with 11 rebounds. Jackson and Giles were selected MVP’s for Team Freedom.
Team Liberty outscored Team Freedom 67-47 in the second half, and the game was dominated by slashers with there being few consistent perimeter shooters on the court. Team Liberty made just three of its 20 attempts from beyond the arc (0-for-12 in the first half), with Team Freedom shooting 8-for-26 on the night.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)