Aug 23, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
Texas native and four-star wing D.J. Hogg is coveted by a number of high-major programs for his size and perimeter shooting ability.
The 6-foot-7 Hogg helped lead the Texas Titans to the Peach Jam this spring and summer and now he has three official visits in the works, according to Scout.com‘s Brian Snow.
Hogg has a final list of Arizona, Baylor, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M and UCLA but, for now, he’s intent on checking out three campuses.
Baylor gets the first official visit on August 31st, Texas A&M gets an official visit on September 6th and UCLA gets a visit on October 11th.
Hogg currently checks in as the No. 41 prospect in Rivals’ 2015 rankings and he averaged 15.6 points, 3.7 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game in 22 EYBL games in 2014. Hogg shot 45 percent from the field and 38 percent from three-point range as well.
It’s worth noting that Hogg has a Texas Titans teammate already committed to Baylor and Texas A&M — his first two visits — in the 2015 class. King McClure is already committed to the Bears, while center Tyler Davis committed to Texas A&M on Friday.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)