Aug 23, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
Texas native and four-star wing D.J. Hogg is coveted by a number of high-major programs for his size and perimeter shooting ability.
The 6-foot-7 Hogg helped lead the Texas Titans to the Peach Jam this spring and summer and now he has three official visits in the works, according to Scout.com‘s Brian Snow.
Hogg has a final list of Arizona, Baylor, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M and UCLA but, for now, he’s intent on checking out three campuses.
Baylor gets the first official visit on August 31st, Texas A&M gets an official visit on September 6th and UCLA gets a visit on October 11th.
Hogg currently checks in as the No. 41 prospect in Rivals’ 2015 rankings and he averaged 15.6 points, 3.7 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game in 22 EYBL games in 2014. Hogg shot 45 percent from the field and 38 percent from three-point range as well.
It’s worth noting that Hogg has a Texas Titans teammate already committed to Baylor and Texas A&M — his first two visits — in the 2015 class. King McClure is already committed to the Bears, while center Tyler Davis committed to Texas A&M on Friday.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1