Aug 23, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
Texas native and four-star wing D.J. Hogg is coveted by a number of high-major programs for his size and perimeter shooting ability.
The 6-foot-7 Hogg helped lead the Texas Titans to the Peach Jam this spring and summer and now he has three official visits in the works, according to Scout.com‘s Brian Snow.
Hogg has a final list of Arizona, Baylor, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M and UCLA but, for now, he’s intent on checking out three campuses.
Baylor gets the first official visit on August 31st, Texas A&M gets an official visit on September 6th and UCLA gets a visit on October 11th.
Hogg currently checks in as the No. 41 prospect in Rivals’ 2015 rankings and he averaged 15.6 points, 3.7 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game in 22 EYBL games in 2014. Hogg shot 45 percent from the field and 38 percent from three-point range as well.
It’s worth noting that Hogg has a Texas Titans teammate already committed to Baylor and Texas A&M — his first two visits — in the 2015 class. King McClure is already committed to the Bears, while center Tyler Davis committed to Texas A&M on Friday.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)