Aug 23, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
Minnesota added another piece to the recruiting puzzle on Friday night as they struck a commitment from New Jersey native and guard Dupree McBrayer, a source confirmed to NBCSports.com.
A 6-foot-3 shooter with some skill, McBrayer is coming off of a strong July with New Heights and he was tracked aggressively by Minnesota’s staff during the live evaluation period.
By joining with current Minnesota commit Kevin Dorsey, head coach Richard Pitino has given himself a pair of talented guards to get the class going and McBrayer is considered a three-star prospect, according to Rivals.
McBrayer jumped up to four-star status in the eyes of some recruiting analysts after a strong live evaluation period and the combination of Dorsey and McBrayer is a good start for Minnesota’s 2015 efforts.
In 15 games in the Under Armour Association with New Heights, McBrayer averaged 13.5 points and 3.5 assists per game this spring and summer.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)