Aug 24, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
The long and strange journey in the recruitment of Ray Kasongo appears to finally be over as the Class of 2014 forward is reportedly heading to the College of Southern Idaho, according to Joshua Parrott of the Basketball Times.
The 6-foot-9 Canadian forward was originally slated to go to Oregon but was denied admission from the school in July before he was linked to schools like Kansas, LSU, Cal, Memphis, Indiana and Michigan State.
SNY.tv‘s Adam Zagoria confirmed with College of Southern Idaho head coach Jared Phay that Kasongo is heading to the school.
“He did,” Phay told Zagoria by text Saturday morning. “He is on a plane to our campus as we speak. He is enrolled in classes and we start Monday. He is a great kid and we are excited to have him here.”
So we finally have a destination for Kasongo after weeks of reported visits and speculation. Although he isn’t heading to a Division I program this season, the College of Southern Idaho has produced a lot of high-level Division I players the last few years and Kasongo could be an intriguing junior college recruit in the near future.
Kasongo was regarded as a three-star prospect according to Rivals.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)