Aug 24, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
The long and strange journey in the recruitment of Ray Kasongo appears to finally be over as the Class of 2014 forward is reportedly heading to the College of Southern Idaho, according to Joshua Parrott of the Basketball Times.
The 6-foot-9 Canadian forward was originally slated to go to Oregon but was denied admission from the school in July before he was linked to schools like Kansas, LSU, Cal, Memphis, Indiana and Michigan State.
SNY.tv‘s Adam Zagoria confirmed with College of Southern Idaho head coach Jared Phay that Kasongo is heading to the school.
“He did,” Phay told Zagoria by text Saturday morning. “He is on a plane to our campus as we speak. He is enrolled in classes and we start Monday. He is a great kid and we are excited to have him here.”
So we finally have a destination for Kasongo after weeks of reported visits and speculation. Although he isn’t heading to a Division I program this season, the College of Southern Idaho has produced a lot of high-level Division I players the last few years and Kasongo could be an intriguing junior college recruit in the near future.
Kasongo was regarded as a three-star prospect according to Rivals.
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)