Aug 24, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
The long and strange journey in the recruitment of Ray Kasongo appears to finally be over as the Class of 2014 forward is reportedly heading to the College of Southern Idaho, according to Joshua Parrott of the Basketball Times.
The 6-foot-9 Canadian forward was originally slated to go to Oregon but was denied admission from the school in July before he was linked to schools like Kansas, LSU, Cal, Memphis, Indiana and Michigan State.
SNY.tv‘s Adam Zagoria confirmed with College of Southern Idaho head coach Jared Phay that Kasongo is heading to the school.
“He did,” Phay told Zagoria by text Saturday morning. “He is on a plane to our campus as we speak. He is enrolled in classes and we start Monday. He is a great kid and we are excited to have him here.”
So we finally have a destination for Kasongo after weeks of reported visits and speculation. Although he isn’t heading to a Division I program this season, the College of Southern Idaho has produced a lot of high-level Division I players the last few years and Kasongo could be an intriguing junior college recruit in the near future.
Kasongo was regarded as a three-star prospect according to Rivals.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)