Aug 25, 2014, 10:22 AM EDT
Bruce Pearl had himself one hell of a weekend.
On Friday, the former Tennessee head coach and current Auburn coach landed a commitment from four-star wing forward Danjel Purifoy. On Saturday, Pearl celebrated the final day of his show-cause penalty stemming from the infamous Aaron Craft barbecue. On Sunday, Horace Spencer, a four-star big man and one of the breakout performers of this summer, committed to the Tigers while on a visit to the campus.
Not bad, right?
Well, things got better on Monday, as T.J. Dunans committed to play for the Tigers, according to multiple reports. Dunans is a top five JuCo player in the class of 2015, according to JuCoRecruiting.com.
“The Auburn staff has been recruiting me for a long time and coach (Bruce) Pearl’s system will fit my style of play where I can blossom at a high level,” Dunans told JucoReport. “I have always wanted to play at a high level and the SEC is a great conference to showcase my skills and help Auburn get to the Final Four.”
Dunans averaged 22.5 points, 8.2 rebounds and 4.4 assists as a freshman at Columbia State. The 6-foot-5 wing joins Purifoy and Spencer in Auburn’s 2015 class, which will be supplemented by Marshall transfer Kareem Canty, who becomes eligible in 2015-2016.
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)