Aug 25, 2014, 10:22 AM EDT
Bruce Pearl had himself one hell of a weekend.
On Friday, the former Tennessee head coach and current Auburn coach landed a commitment from four-star wing forward Danjel Purifoy. On Saturday, Pearl celebrated the final day of his show-cause penalty stemming from the infamous Aaron Craft barbecue. On Sunday, Horace Spencer, a four-star big man and one of the breakout performers of this summer, committed to the Tigers while on a visit to the campus.
Not bad, right?
Well, things got better on Monday, as T.J. Dunans committed to play for the Tigers, according to multiple reports. Dunans is a top five JuCo player in the class of 2015, according to JuCoRecruiting.com.
“The Auburn staff has been recruiting me for a long time and coach (Bruce) Pearl’s system will fit my style of play where I can blossom at a high level,” Dunans told JucoReport. “I have always wanted to play at a high level and the SEC is a great conference to showcase my skills and help Auburn get to the Final Four.”
Dunans averaged 22.5 points, 8.2 rebounds and 4.4 assists as a freshman at Columbia State. The 6-foot-5 wing joins Purifoy and Spencer in Auburn’s 2015 class, which will be supplemented by Marshall transfer Kareem Canty, who becomes eligible in 2015-2016.
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0