Aug 25, 2014, 9:34 AM EDT
Jaylen Johnson is finally a Louisville Cardinal.
It took much longer than expected, but Johnson has been cleared by the NCAA’s eligibility center and has arrived on campus, according to the Louisville Courier-Journal. He’s enrolled at the school, per the registrar.
Johnson’s arrival was delayed due to a complicated eligibility process. The Ypsilanti, Michigan, native had his high school consolidated with a neighboring school district which only complicated the process of figuring out whether his core classes were in line.
Johnson, a slender, 6-foot-9 power forward, is the No. 54 recruit in the class of 2014. Eric Bossi of Rivals describes him this way: “Energetic forward who attacks the glass and saves possessions because of his penchant for winning battles for loose balls. Shoots pretty well from mid range and is a good passer. Needs more strength and sometimes gets a bit too sped up.”
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)