Aug 25, 2014, 9:34 AM EDT
Jaylen Johnson is finally a Louisville Cardinal.
It took much longer than expected, but Johnson has been cleared by the NCAA’s eligibility center and has arrived on campus, according to the Louisville Courier-Journal. He’s enrolled at the school, per the registrar.
Johnson’s arrival was delayed due to a complicated eligibility process. The Ypsilanti, Michigan, native had his high school consolidated with a neighboring school district which only complicated the process of figuring out whether his core classes were in line.
Johnson, a slender, 6-foot-9 power forward, is the No. 54 recruit in the class of 2014. Eric Bossi of Rivals describes him this way: “Energetic forward who attacks the glass and saves possessions because of his penchant for winning battles for loose balls. Shoots pretty well from mid range and is a good passer. Needs more strength and sometimes gets a bit too sped up.”
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)