Aug 25, 2014, 11:39 AM EST
Kenny Kaminski has found a landing spot, as the former top 150 forward is headed to Athens to become a member of the Ohio Bobcats.
The news was first reported by the Athens Messenger.
Kaminski was the No. 113 recruit in the country as a senior in high school, enrolling at Michigan State before sitting out the 2012-2013 season with a shoulder injury. He averaged 4.9 points and shot 49% from three this past season, but he was dismissed from the Spartan program for what head coach Tom Izzo termed “repeatedly [failing] to meet the necessary obligations” of a student-athlete.
Kaminski will reportedly apply for a waiver to receive immediate eligibility with the Bobcats. He has three seasons of eligibility remaining but only three years left to use up that eligibility.
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)