Aug 25, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Vanderbilt walk-on Carter Josephs was presented with a scholarship in a cool video and official release from Vanderbilt athletics.
The 6-foot-1 native of San Antonio has played two seasons at Vanderbilt and was given a full ride by head coach Kevin Stallings.
Josephs has 166 minutes of experience — 160 of which came last year — and has 22 career assists, seven rebounds, six steals and eight turnovers and zero points.
The junior made several key plays off the bench last season for Vanderbilt and it’s nice to see the Commodores and Stallings repay with a scholarship for Josephs.
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 31
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 7
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 10
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 2
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (42)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)