Aug 26, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
The ninth annual Elite 24 took place on Saturday night at Pier 2 in Brooklyn. With the New York City skyline in the background, it provided one of the best venues for outdoor basketball. As for the game, there was no shortage of dunks. Team Liberty led by Jaylen Brown and Duke commit Chase Jeter, went on to defeat Team Freedom, 127-116.
While Mitchell’s alley-oop was the highlight of the night, arguably the most exciting portion of the game was the back-and-forth, one-on-one battle between Malik Newman and Antonio Blakeney, two five-star 2015 guards.
Jeter and Brown were named co-MVPs for the winning team. Josh Jackson and Harry Giles were co-MVPs for Team Freedom.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)