Aug 26, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
The ninth annual Elite 24 took place on Saturday night at Pier 2 in Brooklyn. With the New York City skyline in the background, it provided one of the best venues for outdoor basketball. As for the game, there was no shortage of dunks. Team Liberty led by Jaylen Brown and Duke commit Chase Jeter, went on to defeat Team Freedom, 127-116.
While Mitchell’s alley-oop was the highlight of the night, arguably the most exciting portion of the game was the back-and-forth, one-on-one battle between Malik Newman and Antonio Blakeney, two five-star 2015 guards.
Jeter and Brown were named co-MVPs for the winning team. Josh Jackson and Harry Giles were co-MVPs for Team Freedom.
- Bracketology: No. 1 seed line remains unsettled 0
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Carolina Part Two, and which bubble teams have the most on the line? 0
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 1
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 1
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (8)