Aug 26, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
The ninth annual Elite 24 took place on Saturday night at Pier 2 in Brooklyn. With the New York City skyline in the background, it provided one of the best venues for outdoor basketball. As for the game, there was no shortage of dunks. Team Liberty led by Jaylen Brown and Duke commit Chase Jeter, went on to defeat Team Freedom, 127-116.
While Mitchell’s alley-oop was the highlight of the night, arguably the most exciting portion of the game was the back-and-forth, one-on-one battle between Malik Newman and Antonio Blakeney, two five-star 2015 guards.
Jeter and Brown were named co-MVPs for the winning team. Josh Jackson and Harry Giles were co-MVPs for Team Freedom.
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)