Aug 26, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
The ninth annual Elite 24 took place on Saturday night at Pier 2 in Brooklyn. With the New York City skyline in the background, it provided one of the best venues for outdoor basketball. As for the game, there was no shortage of dunks. Team Liberty led by Jaylen Brown and Duke commit Chase Jeter, went on to defeat Team Freedom, 127-116.
While Mitchell’s alley-oop was the highlight of the night, arguably the most exciting portion of the game was the back-and-forth, one-on-one battle between Malik Newman and Antonio Blakeney, two five-star 2015 guards.
Jeter and Brown were named co-MVPs for the winning team. Josh Jackson and Harry Giles were co-MVPs for Team Freedom.
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Sophomore forward Semi Ojeleye to transfer from Duke (3)