Aug 26, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
The ninth annual Elite 24 took place on Saturday night at Pier 2 in Brooklyn. With the New York City skyline in the background, it provided one of the best venues for outdoor basketball. As for the game, there was no shortage of dunks. Team Liberty led by Jaylen Brown and Duke commit Chase Jeter, went on to defeat Team Freedom, 127-116.
While Mitchell’s alley-oop was the highlight of the night, arguably the most exciting portion of the game was the back-and-forth, one-on-one battle between Malik Newman and Antonio Blakeney, two five-star 2015 guards.
Jeter and Brown were named co-MVPs for the winning team. Josh Jackson and Harry Giles were co-MVPs for Team Freedom.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)