Aug 26, 2014, 1:09 PM EST
Lindy’s is one of the most well-respected college basketball preview magazines that gets published, and on Tuesday, pictures of the regional covers of the magazine began to trickle out.
RELATED: NBCSports.com’s Preseason Top 25
It’s that Lindy’s top ten teams are listed on the covers, and they are as follows:
- 1. Kentucky
- 2. Wisconsin
- 3. Arizona
- 4. Texas
- 5. North Carolina
- 6. Kansas
- 7. Virginia
- 8. Duke
- 9. Gonzaga
- 10. Iowa State
Our most recent top 25 was posted back in late-April, which means that it came out before Emmanuel Mudiay headed off to China. We had SMU as a top ten team. That’s no longer true. It also came before Gonzaga landed a couple of late additions, which is why they aren’t in our top ten.
There are only two issues that I have with this top ten:
1. Duke is too low at No. 8, especially if they are sitting behind fellow ACC programs North Carolina and Virginia. I think the ‘Hoos are going to be very good once again and UNC should be able to build on the success they had late in the season, but Duke is still the best team in that conference.
2. Iowa State at No. 10. I know that Fred Hoiberg has had a ton of success with transfers in recent years, and while I love Georges Niang and expect a big year from Monte Morris, until I see Bryce Dejean-Jones prove that he can be more than just a gunner, I’m not sure I can rank them in the top ten.
What would your top ten look like?
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)