Aug 26, 2014, 1:09 PM EDT
Lindy’s is one of the most well-respected college basketball preview magazines that gets published, and on Tuesday, pictures of the regional covers of the magazine began to trickle out.
RELATED: NBCSports.com’s Preseason Top 25
It’s that Lindy’s top ten teams are listed on the covers, and they are as follows:
- 1. Kentucky
- 2. Wisconsin
- 3. Arizona
- 4. Texas
- 5. North Carolina
- 6. Kansas
- 7. Virginia
- 8. Duke
- 9. Gonzaga
- 10. Iowa State
Our most recent top 25 was posted back in late-April, which means that it came out before Emmanuel Mudiay headed off to China. We had SMU as a top ten team. That’s no longer true. It also came before Gonzaga landed a couple of late additions, which is why they aren’t in our top ten.
There are only two issues that I have with this top ten:
1. Duke is too low at No. 8, especially if they are sitting behind fellow ACC programs North Carolina and Virginia. I think the ‘Hoos are going to be very good once again and UNC should be able to build on the success they had late in the season, but Duke is still the best team in that conference.
2. Iowa State at No. 10. I know that Fred Hoiberg has had a ton of success with transfers in recent years, and while I love Georges Niang and expect a big year from Monte Morris, until I see Bryce Dejean-Jones prove that he can be more than just a gunner, I’m not sure I can rank them in the top ten.
What would your top ten look like?
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 14
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 11
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (17)