Aug 26, 2014, 1:09 PM EDT
Lindy’s is one of the most well-respected college basketball preview magazines that gets published, and on Tuesday, pictures of the regional covers of the magazine began to trickle out.
RELATED: NBCSports.com’s Preseason Top 25
It’s that Lindy’s top ten teams are listed on the covers, and they are as follows:
- 1. Kentucky
- 2. Wisconsin
- 3. Arizona
- 4. Texas
- 5. North Carolina
- 6. Kansas
- 7. Virginia
- 8. Duke
- 9. Gonzaga
- 10. Iowa State
Our most recent top 25 was posted back in late-April, which means that it came out before Emmanuel Mudiay headed off to China. We had SMU as a top ten team. That’s no longer true. It also came before Gonzaga landed a couple of late additions, which is why they aren’t in our top ten.
There are only two issues that I have with this top ten:
1. Duke is too low at No. 8, especially if they are sitting behind fellow ACC programs North Carolina and Virginia. I think the ‘Hoos are going to be very good once again and UNC should be able to build on the success they had late in the season, but Duke is still the best team in that conference.
2. Iowa State at No. 10. I know that Fred Hoiberg has had a ton of success with transfers in recent years, and while I love Georges Niang and expect a big year from Monte Morris, until I see Bryce Dejean-Jones prove that he can be more than just a gunner, I’m not sure I can rank them in the top ten.
What would your top ten look like?
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2010? 0
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)
- Austin Nichols looking to transfer from Memphis (2)
- Star Kansas freshman Carlton Bragg injured on trip to South Korea (1)