Aug 26, 2014, 1:09 PM EDT
Lindy’s is one of the most well-respected college basketball preview magazines that gets published, and on Tuesday, pictures of the regional covers of the magazine began to trickle out.
RELATED: NBCSports.com’s Preseason Top 25
It’s that Lindy’s top ten teams are listed on the covers, and they are as follows:
- 1. Kentucky
- 2. Wisconsin
- 3. Arizona
- 4. Texas
- 5. North Carolina
- 6. Kansas
- 7. Virginia
- 8. Duke
- 9. Gonzaga
- 10. Iowa State
Our most recent top 25 was posted back in late-April, which means that it came out before Emmanuel Mudiay headed off to China. We had SMU as a top ten team. That’s no longer true. It also came before Gonzaga landed a couple of late additions, which is why they aren’t in our top ten.
There are only two issues that I have with this top ten:
1. Duke is too low at No. 8, especially if they are sitting behind fellow ACC programs North Carolina and Virginia. I think the ‘Hoos are going to be very good once again and UNC should be able to build on the success they had late in the season, but Duke is still the best team in that conference.
2. Iowa State at No. 10. I know that Fred Hoiberg has had a ton of success with transfers in recent years, and while I love Georges Niang and expect a big year from Monte Morris, until I see Bryce Dejean-Jones prove that he can be more than just a gunner, I’m not sure I can rank them in the top ten.
What would your top ten look like?
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 40
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)