Aug 26, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
Loyola (IL) announced on Tuesday that the star of their 2014 recruiting class, Marlon Jones, would not be enrolling at the school.
“Unfortunately, Marlon did not meet his academic expectations this summer,” said head coach Porter Moser. “We are still very committed to Marlon’s best interests but at this time he will be enrolling at South Plains Community College.”
Jones is a 6-foot-8, three-star recruit that had plenty of high-major interest coming out of Chicago’s Orr HS. He played for the Meanstreets AAU program.
Loyola still returns their top five scorers from last season, including the Missouri Valley’s reigning Freshman of the Year, Milton Doyle.
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)