Aug 26, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
Loyola (IL) announced on Tuesday that the star of their 2014 recruiting class, Marlon Jones, would not be enrolling at the school.
“Unfortunately, Marlon did not meet his academic expectations this summer,” said head coach Porter Moser. “We are still very committed to Marlon’s best interests but at this time he will be enrolling at South Plains Community College.”
Jones is a 6-foot-8, three-star recruit that had plenty of high-major interest coming out of Chicago’s Orr HS. He played for the Meanstreets AAU program.
Loyola still returns their top five scorers from last season, including the Missouri Valley’s reigning Freshman of the Year, Milton Doyle.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)