Aug 26, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
Loyola (IL) announced on Tuesday that the star of their 2014 recruiting class, Marlon Jones, would not be enrolling at the school.
“Unfortunately, Marlon did not meet his academic expectations this summer,” said head coach Porter Moser. “We are still very committed to Marlon’s best interests but at this time he will be enrolling at South Plains Community College.”
Jones is a 6-foot-8, three-star recruit that had plenty of high-major interest coming out of Chicago’s Orr HS. He played for the Meanstreets AAU program.
Loyola still returns their top five scorers from last season, including the Missouri Valley’s reigning Freshman of the Year, Milton Doyle.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)