Aug 26, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
Loyola (IL) announced on Tuesday that the star of their 2014 recruiting class, Marlon Jones, would not be enrolling at the school.
“Unfortunately, Marlon did not meet his academic expectations this summer,” said head coach Porter Moser. “We are still very committed to Marlon’s best interests but at this time he will be enrolling at South Plains Community College.”
Jones is a 6-foot-8, three-star recruit that had plenty of high-major interest coming out of Chicago’s Orr HS. He played for the Meanstreets AAU program.
Loyola still returns their top five scorers from last season, including the Missouri Valley’s reigning Freshman of the Year, Milton Doyle.
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- UConn lands former Seton Hall guard Sterling Gibbs, eligible immediately 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (6)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)