Aug 26, 2014, 3:38 PM EST
Nick Marshall, a 6-foot-10 center ranked No. 113 in the Class of 2015, has committed to Memphis. He announced the news on a local radio station on Tuesday.
Marshall will reportedly be reclassifying into 2016 as he will do a year at a prep school after he graduates from high school, which means he won’t be getting onto the Memphis campus until the 2016-2017 season. He joins top ten prospect Dedric Lawson in Pastner’s 2016 class.
Marshall is not from Memphis, but he’s another (relatively) local kid that head coach Josh Pastner has been able to keep local. Marshall goes to Lexington HS in Lexington, Tennessee, which is about two hours from Memphis. Marshall plays his AAU ball for Memphis powerhouse Team Thad.
Marshall picked Memphis over UConn, Tennessee, Indiana, Mississippi State and South Carolina.
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 0
- Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)