Aug 26, 2014, 3:38 PM EDT
Nick Marshall, a 6-foot-10 center ranked No. 113 in the Class of 2015, has committed to Memphis. He announced the news on a local radio station on Tuesday.
Marshall will reportedly be reclassifying into 2016 as he will do a year at a prep school after he graduates from high school, which means he won’t be getting onto the Memphis campus until the 2016-2017 season. He joins top ten prospect Dedric Lawson in Pastner’s 2016 class.
Marshall is not from Memphis, but he’s another (relatively) local kid that head coach Josh Pastner has been able to keep local. Marshall goes to Lexington HS in Lexington, Tennessee, which is about two hours from Memphis. Marshall plays his AAU ball for Memphis powerhouse Team Thad.
Marshall picked Memphis over UConn, Tennessee, Indiana, Mississippi State and South Carolina.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)