Aug 26, 2014, 3:38 PM EDT
Nick Marshall, a 6-foot-10 center ranked No. 113 in the Class of 2015, has committed to Memphis. He announced the news on a local radio station on Tuesday.
Marshall will reportedly be reclassifying into 2016 as he will do a year at a prep school after he graduates from high school, which means he won’t be getting onto the Memphis campus until the 2016-2017 season. He joins top ten prospect Dedric Lawson in Pastner’s 2016 class.
Marshall is not from Memphis, but he’s another (relatively) local kid that head coach Josh Pastner has been able to keep local. Marshall goes to Lexington HS in Lexington, Tennessee, which is about two hours from Memphis. Marshall plays his AAU ball for Memphis powerhouse Team Thad.
Marshall picked Memphis over UConn, Tennessee, Indiana, Mississippi State and South Carolina.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)