Aug 26, 2014, 3:38 PM EDT
Nick Marshall, a 6-foot-10 center ranked No. 113 in the Class of 2015, has committed to Memphis. He announced the news on a local radio station on Tuesday.
Marshall will reportedly be reclassifying into 2016 as he will do a year at a prep school after he graduates from high school, which means he won’t be getting onto the Memphis campus until the 2016-2017 season. He joins top ten prospect Dedric Lawson in Pastner’s 2016 class.
Marshall is not from Memphis, but he’s another (relatively) local kid that head coach Josh Pastner has been able to keep local. Marshall goes to Lexington HS in Lexington, Tennessee, which is about two hours from Memphis. Marshall plays his AAU ball for Memphis powerhouse Team Thad.
Marshall picked Memphis over UConn, Tennessee, Indiana, Mississippi State and South Carolina.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)