Aug 26, 2014, 3:38 PM EST
Nick Marshall, a 6-foot-10 center ranked No. 113 in the Class of 2015, has committed to Memphis. He announced the news on a local radio station on Tuesday.
Marshall will reportedly be reclassifying into 2016 as he will do a year at a prep school after he graduates from high school, which means he won’t be getting onto the Memphis campus until the 2016-2017 season. He joins top ten prospect Dedric Lawson in Pastner’s 2016 class.
Marshall is not from Memphis, but he’s another (relatively) local kid that head coach Josh Pastner has been able to keep local. Marshall goes to Lexington HS in Lexington, Tennessee, which is about two hours from Memphis. Marshall plays his AAU ball for Memphis powerhouse Team Thad.
Marshall picked Memphis over UConn, Tennessee, Indiana, Mississippi State and South Carolina.
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 0
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (8)