Aug 26, 2014, 8:07 PM EST
On Tuesday evening, Drew Eubanks became the first commit in Oregon State’s Class of 2015. The 6-foot-10 Eubanks will play basketball and baseball for the Beavers.
“I just decided I wanted to commit right now,” Eubanks told Evan Daniels of Scout.com.
“I know I’m visiting, but I was ready. I just wanted to do. It just felt like the best of both worlds for me. I’ll be able to be basketball and baseball there. They have what I want to study and I think we will be really good in a couple of years with the 2015 class that we are getting.”
Eubanks had offers from Arizona State, Gonzaga, San Diego State, Washington and Washington State.
According to the Oregonian, Eubanks didn’t start playing basketball until his freshman season at Reynolds High in Troutdale, Oregon because of his passion for baseball. He averaged 5.0 points, 4.7 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game for NorthWest Xpress in the Nike EYBL this summer, adding offers in the month of July. A standout on the mound, Eubanks was a Class 6A All-State second team selection.
Eubanks’ commitment could be the start of a big class for new head coach Wayne Tinkle, as Eubanks wasn’t the only 2015 recruit to plan a visit to Corvallis for this weekend. Tinkle’s son, Tres, the No. 89 overall recruit, according to Rivals, Stephen Thompson, the No. 72 overall recruit, and Derrick Bruce, a three-star point guard, are all expected to be on campus this weekend, according to Andrew Nemec.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Sophomore forward Semi Ojeleye to transfer from Duke (3)