Aug 26, 2014, 8:07 PM EST
On Tuesday evening, Drew Eubanks became the first commit in Oregon State’s Class of 2015. The 6-foot-10 Eubanks will play basketball and baseball for the Beavers.
“I just decided I wanted to commit right now,” Eubanks told Evan Daniels of Scout.com.
“I know I’m visiting, but I was ready. I just wanted to do. It just felt like the best of both worlds for me. I’ll be able to be basketball and baseball there. They have what I want to study and I think we will be really good in a couple of years with the 2015 class that we are getting.”
Eubanks had offers from Arizona State, Gonzaga, San Diego State, Washington and Washington State.
According to the Oregonian, Eubanks didn’t start playing basketball until his freshman season at Reynolds High in Troutdale, Oregon because of his passion for baseball. He averaged 5.0 points, 4.7 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game for NorthWest Xpress in the Nike EYBL this summer, adding offers in the month of July. A standout on the mound, Eubanks was a Class 6A All-State second team selection.
Eubanks’ commitment could be the start of a big class for new head coach Wayne Tinkle, as Eubanks wasn’t the only 2015 recruit to plan a visit to Corvallis for this weekend. Tinkle’s son, Tres, the No. 89 overall recruit, according to Rivals, Stephen Thompson, the No. 72 overall recruit, and Derrick Bruce, a three-star point guard, are all expected to be on campus this weekend, according to Andrew Nemec.
- Why Duke’s road win at Virginia was so shocking 3
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)
- Jerian Grant turns back fans trying to storm the floor after Duke win (GIF) (4)