Aug 26, 2014, 8:07 PM EDT
On Tuesday evening, Drew Eubanks became the first commit in Oregon State’s Class of 2015. The 6-foot-10 Eubanks will play basketball and baseball for the Beavers.
“I just decided I wanted to commit right now,” Eubanks told Evan Daniels of Scout.com.
“I know I’m visiting, but I was ready. I just wanted to do. It just felt like the best of both worlds for me. I’ll be able to be basketball and baseball there. They have what I want to study and I think we will be really good in a couple of years with the 2015 class that we are getting.”
Eubanks had offers from Arizona State, Gonzaga, San Diego State, Washington and Washington State.
According to the Oregonian, Eubanks didn’t start playing basketball until his freshman season at Reynolds High in Troutdale, Oregon because of his passion for baseball. He averaged 5.0 points, 4.7 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game for NorthWest Xpress in the Nike EYBL this summer, adding offers in the month of July. A standout on the mound, Eubanks was a Class 6A All-State second team selection.
Eubanks’ commitment could be the start of a big class for new head coach Wayne Tinkle, as Eubanks wasn’t the only 2015 recruit to plan a visit to Corvallis for this weekend. Tinkle’s son, Tres, the No. 89 overall recruit, according to Rivals, Stephen Thompson, the No. 72 overall recruit, and Derrick Bruce, a three-star point guard, are all expected to be on campus this weekend, according to Andrew Nemec.
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)