Aug 26, 2014, 8:07 PM EDT
On Tuesday evening, Drew Eubanks became the first commit in Oregon State’s Class of 2015. The 6-foot-10 Eubanks will play basketball and baseball for the Beavers.
“I just decided I wanted to commit right now,” Eubanks told Evan Daniels of Scout.com.
“I know I’m visiting, but I was ready. I just wanted to do. It just felt like the best of both worlds for me. I’ll be able to be basketball and baseball there. They have what I want to study and I think we will be really good in a couple of years with the 2015 class that we are getting.”
Eubanks had offers from Arizona State, Gonzaga, San Diego State, Washington and Washington State.
According to the Oregonian, Eubanks didn’t start playing basketball until his freshman season at Reynolds High in Troutdale, Oregon because of his passion for baseball. He averaged 5.0 points, 4.7 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game for NorthWest Xpress in the Nike EYBL this summer, adding offers in the month of July. A standout on the mound, Eubanks was a Class 6A All-State second team selection.
Eubanks’ commitment could be the start of a big class for new head coach Wayne Tinkle, as Eubanks wasn’t the only 2015 recruit to plan a visit to Corvallis for this weekend. Tinkle’s son, Tres, the No. 89 overall recruit, according to Rivals, Stephen Thompson, the No. 72 overall recruit, and Derrick Bruce, a three-star point guard, are all expected to be on campus this weekend, according to Andrew Nemec.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)