Aug 26, 2014, 8:07 PM EST
On Tuesday evening, Drew Eubanks became the first commit in Oregon State’s Class of 2015. The 6-foot-10 Eubanks will play basketball and baseball for the Beavers.
“I just decided I wanted to commit right now,” Eubanks told Evan Daniels of Scout.com.
“I know I’m visiting, but I was ready. I just wanted to do. It just felt like the best of both worlds for me. I’ll be able to be basketball and baseball there. They have what I want to study and I think we will be really good in a couple of years with the 2015 class that we are getting.”
Eubanks had offers from Arizona State, Gonzaga, San Diego State, Washington and Washington State.
According to the Oregonian, Eubanks didn’t start playing basketball until his freshman season at Reynolds High in Troutdale, Oregon because of his passion for baseball. He averaged 5.0 points, 4.7 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game for NorthWest Xpress in the Nike EYBL this summer, adding offers in the month of July. A standout on the mound, Eubanks was a Class 6A All-State second team selection.
Eubanks’ commitment could be the start of a big class for new head coach Wayne Tinkle, as Eubanks wasn’t the only 2015 recruit to plan a visit to Corvallis for this weekend. Tinkle’s son, Tres, the No. 89 overall recruit, according to Rivals, Stephen Thompson, the No. 72 overall recruit, and Derrick Bruce, a three-star point guard, are all expected to be on campus this weekend, according to Andrew Nemec.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 8
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 14
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)