Aug 27, 2014, 4:09 PM EDT
Junior big man Mike Shaw will be out for the next four-to-six weeks as he recovers from a knee injury, according to a report.
“The good news on Mike is he doesn’t need (knee) surgery,” Bradley head coach Geno Ford told the Journal Star. “It’s caused from wear and tear over time.”
Shaw, who stands 6-foot-8, has a partial tear in his patella tendon. He’ll be in a brace for three weeks, according to the report, before getting on a rehab regimen. He is expected to be healthy by the time that practice starts on October 3rd. Shaw was a four-star recruit coming out of high school, but did little in two seasons at Illinois.
Bradley’s front court has turned into the walking wounded. In addition to Shaw, 6-foot-9 Xzavier Taylor is out as he recovers from a stress fracture in his foot while 6-foot-7 Josh Cunningham is recovering from surgery on his knee. In addition, 6-foot-8 Auston Barnes is still waiting to hear to outcome of an arrest for a domestic assault charge.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1