Aug 27, 2014, 4:09 PM EDT
Junior big man Mike Shaw will be out for the next four-to-six weeks as he recovers from a knee injury, according to a report.
“The good news on Mike is he doesn’t need (knee) surgery,” Bradley head coach Geno Ford told the Journal Star. “It’s caused from wear and tear over time.”
Shaw, who stands 6-foot-8, has a partial tear in his patella tendon. He’ll be in a brace for three weeks, according to the report, before getting on a rehab regimen. He is expected to be healthy by the time that practice starts on October 3rd. Shaw was a four-star recruit coming out of high school, but did little in two seasons at Illinois.
Bradley’s front court has turned into the walking wounded. In addition to Shaw, 6-foot-9 Xzavier Taylor is out as he recovers from a stress fracture in his foot while 6-foot-7 Josh Cunningham is recovering from surgery on his knee. In addition, 6-foot-8 Auston Barnes is still waiting to hear to outcome of an arrest for a domestic assault charge.
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)