Aug 27, 2014, 4:09 PM EDT
Junior big man Mike Shaw will be out for the next four-to-six weeks as he recovers from a knee injury, according to a report.
“The good news on Mike is he doesn’t need (knee) surgery,” Bradley head coach Geno Ford told the Journal Star. “It’s caused from wear and tear over time.”
Shaw, who stands 6-foot-8, has a partial tear in his patella tendon. He’ll be in a brace for three weeks, according to the report, before getting on a rehab regimen. He is expected to be healthy by the time that practice starts on October 3rd. Shaw was a four-star recruit coming out of high school, but did little in two seasons at Illinois.
Bradley’s front court has turned into the walking wounded. In addition to Shaw, 6-foot-9 Xzavier Taylor is out as he recovers from a stress fracture in his foot while 6-foot-7 Josh Cunningham is recovering from surgery on his knee. In addition, 6-foot-8 Auston Barnes is still waiting to hear to outcome of an arrest for a domestic assault charge.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)