Aug 27, 2014, 4:09 PM EDT
Junior big man Mike Shaw will be out for the next four-to-six weeks as he recovers from a knee injury, according to a report.
“The good news on Mike is he doesn’t need (knee) surgery,” Bradley head coach Geno Ford told the Journal Star. “It’s caused from wear and tear over time.”
Shaw, who stands 6-foot-8, has a partial tear in his patella tendon. He’ll be in a brace for three weeks, according to the report, before getting on a rehab regimen. He is expected to be healthy by the time that practice starts on October 3rd. Shaw was a four-star recruit coming out of high school, but did little in two seasons at Illinois.
Bradley’s front court has turned into the walking wounded. In addition to Shaw, 6-foot-9 Xzavier Taylor is out as he recovers from a stress fracture in his foot while 6-foot-7 Josh Cunningham is recovering from surgery on his knee. In addition, 6-foot-8 Auston Barnes is still waiting to hear to outcome of an arrest for a domestic assault charge.
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 3
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)