Aug 27, 2014, 4:09 PM EST
Junior big man Mike Shaw will be out for the next four-to-six weeks as he recovers from a knee injury, according to a report.
“The good news on Mike is he doesn’t need (knee) surgery,” Bradley head coach Geno Ford told the Journal Star. “It’s caused from wear and tear over time.”
Shaw, who stands 6-foot-8, has a partial tear in his patella tendon. He’ll be in a brace for three weeks, according to the report, before getting on a rehab regimen. He is expected to be healthy by the time that practice starts on October 3rd. Shaw was a four-star recruit coming out of high school, but did little in two seasons at Illinois.
Bradley’s front court has turned into the walking wounded. In addition to Shaw, 6-foot-9 Xzavier Taylor is out as he recovers from a stress fracture in his foot while 6-foot-7 Josh Cunningham is recovering from surgery on his knee. In addition, 6-foot-8 Auston Barnes is still waiting to hear to outcome of an arrest for a domestic assault charge.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 0
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 1
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)