Aug 27, 2014, 2:34 PM EDT
The Class of 2015 just finished their most important recruiting summer, and after spending all spring and summer on the road evaluating these prospects, Rivals has released a brand new top 150.
And as you might expect, if you paid any attention this summer, Ben Simmons is ranked as the No. 1 overall prospect in the class. Simmons is a versatile, 6-foot-8 forward who had a couple of statement performances throughout July. His ability to handle the ball and pass is what sets him apart in a class that lacks some star power.
Jaylen Brown, a powerful 6-foot-7 wing from Georgia, came in No. 2 in the class, which isn’t much of a surprise, either. While Simmons is the consensus No. 1 player in the class, Brown is generally thought of as his biggest challenger to the No. 1 spot. Scout even ranks him as the No. 1 player in the class.
Malik Newman, a high-volume scoring guard that can run the point when need be, comes in at No. 3 while 6-foot-11 center Skal Labissiere — Can you guys help me get the nickname ‘the Haitian Sensation’ going? — comes in at No. 4. Labissiere battled a back injury throughout his junior year which caused him to slide a bit in the rankings, but his size, athleticism and ability to face-up offensively may make him the best NBA prospect in the class.
- Arizona’s trio of five-star recruits all found themselves ranked in the top 25, with Justin Simon their “worst” commit at No. 21.
- Kentucky’s lone commitment in the Class of 2015, Charles Matthews, checks in at No. 56.
- Donovan Mitchell, who is committed to Louisville, shot from No. 101 all the way up to No. 30 in the class. Ray Spalding, another Cardinal commit, climbed up to No. 39.
- Only two of the top ten and seven of the top 25 players in the class are committed.
Jul 5, 2015, 10:03 PM EDT
Thibodeaux’s decision came eight days after he began basic training.
Jul 5, 2015, 8:05 PM EDT
All of the violations were deemed to be Level III or Level IV violations, which isn’t a big deal at all.
Jul 5, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
Plenty of college basketball players were in the FIBA U19 World Championships besides the Americans.
Jul 5, 2015, 3:37 PM EDT
The USA U19 team captured back-to-back FIBA World Championships for the first time since 1983.
Jul 5, 2015, 2:20 PM EDT
Mississippi State landed a commitment on Sunday from a transfer.
Jul 5, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Kansas (USA) is 2-0 so far at the World University Games.
Jul 5, 2015, 9:20 AM EDT
Markelle Fultz is one the best guard prospects in the country.
Jul 4, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Mathiang’s playing on an Australian team that includes the likes of Peter Hooley and Hugh Greenwood.
Jul 4, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
The 6-foot-9 Henry averaged 6.0 points and 3.6 rebounds per game last season.
Jul 4, 2015, 3:59 PM EDT
Jalen Brunson led the way with 30 points for the United States, which plays Croatia Sunday.
Jul 4, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Miles Bridges is one of the better scorers in the 2016 class.
Jul 4, 2015, 2:15 PM EDT
The US is taking on the hosts in the semifinals, with the winner getting Croatia on Sunday.
Jul 4, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Four players from 2015 NCAA tournament programs are trying out for the Canadian national team.
Jul 4, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Kansas won its debut overseas this summer as Wayne Selden had a big outing.
Jul 4, 2015, 9:05 AM EDT
UConn landed a quality guard in the Class of 2016.
Jul 4, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Given Oregon’s many perimeter options, minutes were likely to be at a premium for Rorie in 2015-16.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
The top four players remain the same.
Jul 3, 2015, 9:19 PM EDT
The redshirt junior has not played since January 2014.
Jul 3, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
The rising sophomore was originally being blocked from transferring to 55 schools.
Jul 3, 2015, 6:08 PM EDT
Ohio State begins its 2017 class with a local product.
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4