Aug 28, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
One of the major subplots of the spring in recruiting circles was the case of 2015 guard Malik Newman and 2015 center Diamond Stone. With the two being close friends there was talk of the five-star prospects being a “package deal,” with their desire being to play on the same college team. However nothing’s etched in stone, especially when it comes to recruiting, as the goal for both players is to find the best fit.
While things have been quiet from a recruiting standpoint for Newman, whose busy summer included playing in the U17 World Championships for the United States, Stone took a step towards his final decision on Thursday. Stone revealed his top five schools via Twitter, with Maryland, Duke, Wisconsin, Oklahoma State and UConn being the chosen schools.
Rivals rates Stone as the fifth-best prospect in the Class of 2015, and as a junior at Dominican HS in Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin the 6-foot-10 big man led his school to a third consecutive Division 4 state title.
For those interested in the “package deal” chatter, UConn is the only school in Stone’s top five that has offered both he and Newman. But what does that really mean? Not sure anyone outside of Newman, Stone and their respective families would have an answer to that question at this point in time.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 12
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (12)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)