Aug 28, 2014, 12:02 PM EDT
Raymond Doby will not be attending DePaul this year, NBCSports.com has confirmed through a source.
The 6-foot-7 forward and three-star recruit that spent this past season playing at Montrose Christian (Md.) will instead be reclassifying and heading to prep school at St. John’s Northwestern Military Academy.
Doby is the fifth recruit that has signed a letter of intent with DePaul that hasn’t ended up on their Chicago campus under Oliver Purnell, who has been at the school for four years: former Miami all-american Shane Larkin, Nebraska starting forward Walter Pitchford, former Kansas and current Fresno State big man Braeden Anderson, and three-star class of 2015 recruit Jon Davis.
DePaul’s recruiting class will feature three JuCo transfers this year: Darrick Wood, Rashaun Stimage and Aaron Simpson.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (4)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)