Aug 28, 2014, 12:02 PM EDT
Raymond Doby will not be attending DePaul this year, NBCSports.com has confirmed through a source.
The 6-foot-7 forward and three-star recruit that spent this past season playing at Montrose Christian (Md.) will instead be reclassifying and heading to prep school at St. John’s Northwestern Military Academy.
Doby is the fifth recruit that has signed a letter of intent with DePaul that hasn’t ended up on their Chicago campus under Oliver Purnell, who has been at the school for four years: former Miami all-american Shane Larkin, Nebraska starting forward Walter Pitchford, former Kansas and current Fresno State big man Braeden Anderson, and three-star class of 2015 recruit Jon Davis.
DePaul’s recruiting class will feature three JuCo transfers this year: Darrick Wood, Rashaun Stimage and Aaron Simpson.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)