Aug 28, 2014, 12:02 PM EDT
Raymond Doby will not be attending DePaul this year, NBCSports.com has confirmed through a source.
The 6-foot-7 forward and three-star recruit that spent this past season playing at Montrose Christian (Md.) will instead be reclassifying and heading to prep school at St. John’s Northwestern Military Academy.
Doby is the fifth recruit that has signed a letter of intent with DePaul that hasn’t ended up on their Chicago campus under Oliver Purnell, who has been at the school for four years: former Miami all-american Shane Larkin, Nebraska starting forward Walter Pitchford, former Kansas and current Fresno State big man Braeden Anderson, and three-star class of 2015 recruit Jon Davis.
DePaul’s recruiting class will feature three JuCo transfers this year: Darrick Wood, Rashaun Stimage and Aaron Simpson.
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 3
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)