Aug 28, 2014, 12:02 PM EDT
Raymond Doby will not be attending DePaul this year, NBCSports.com has confirmed through a source.
The 6-foot-7 forward and three-star recruit that spent this past season playing at Montrose Christian (Md.) will instead be reclassifying and heading to prep school at St. John’s Northwestern Military Academy.
Doby is the fifth recruit that has signed a letter of intent with DePaul that hasn’t ended up on their Chicago campus under Oliver Purnell, who has been at the school for four years: former Miami all-american Shane Larkin, Nebraska starting forward Walter Pitchford, former Kansas and current Fresno State big man Braeden Anderson, and three-star class of 2015 recruit Jon Davis.
DePaul’s recruiting class will feature three JuCo transfers this year: Darrick Wood, Rashaun Stimage and Aaron Simpson.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)