Aug 28, 2014, 12:02 PM EDT
Raymond Doby will not be attending DePaul this year, NBCSports.com has confirmed through a source.
The 6-foot-7 forward and three-star recruit that spent this past season playing at Montrose Christian (Md.) will instead be reclassifying and heading to prep school at St. John’s Northwestern Military Academy.
Doby is the fifth recruit that has signed a letter of intent with DePaul that hasn’t ended up on their Chicago campus under Oliver Purnell, who has been at the school for four years: former Miami all-american Shane Larkin, Nebraska starting forward Walter Pitchford, former Kansas and current Fresno State big man Braeden Anderson, and three-star class of 2015 recruit Jon Davis.
DePaul’s recruiting class will feature three JuCo transfers this year: Darrick Wood, Rashaun Stimage and Aaron Simpson.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 0
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 2
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 23
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (86)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)