Aug 28, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
Kansas State picked up their second commitment in the Class of 2015 on Wednesday night as Barry Brown, a 6-foot-2 combo-guard from Florida, pledged to Bruce Weber and the Wildcats.
“My recruitment is over I have officially committed to Kansas State,” Brown tweeted.
Brown picked Kansas State over, among others, Wichita State, Texas A&M and Houston. He’s a three-star recruit, according to Rivals, but he has flown a bit under the radar. Brown played his AAU ball this spring and summer with Each 1 Teach 1, the same program that five-star prospect Antonio Blakeney plays for. Brown came off the bench for that team, but that doesn’t mean much; there were as many as seven high-major players on that team. Brown’s can really put up points in a hurry when he gets in a rhythm.
Brown joins Eric Cobb as the players committed to Kansas State in 2015.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (3)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)