Aug 28, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
With two of their top three leading rebounders in Paul Egwuonwu and Flavien Davis having moved on, it was expected that Montana State would get some help from 6-foot-10 forward/center Kavell Bigby-Williams in 2014-15. Bigby-Williams played for England’s U20 team this summer, averaging 8.9 points and 7.3 rebounds per game in the U20 Division A European Championships.
Unfortunately for new Montana State head coach Brian Fish he won’t have Bigby-Williams at his disposal, as the program announced Thursday that the big man has failed to meet NCAA eligibility requirements.
“Kavell Bigby-Williams, a 6-10 forward-center signed by the Montana State men’s basketball program last November, failed to meet NCAA eligibility requirements,” the school said according to Gidal Kaiser of the Bozeman Daily Chronicle. “He will not enroll at the school this semester.”
Senior forward Eric Norman, who grabbed 4.4 rebounds per game in 2013-14, is Montana State’s leading returning rebounder with junior Danny Robison looking to earn more playing time after playing just over ten minutes per contest last season. Of Montana State’s five newcomers three are front court players, with junior college transfer Terrell Brown (more of a small forward) and freshmen Quinn Price and Bradley Fisher looking to crack the rotation in their first season with the program.
Montana State finished the 2013-14 season with a 14-17 overall record, going 9-11 in Big Sky play and missing out on the league’s postseason tournament.
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 1
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 1
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 2
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 4
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 22
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 13
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (85)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (22)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)