Aug 28, 2014, 6:10 PM EST
With two of their top three leading rebounders in Paul Egwuonwu and Flavien Davis having moved on, it was expected that Montana State would get some help from 6-foot-10 forward/center Kavell Bigby-Williams in 2014-15. Bigby-Williams played for England’s U20 team this summer, averaging 8.9 points and 7.3 rebounds per game in the U20 Division A European Championships.
Unfortunately for new Montana State head coach Brian Fish he won’t have Bigby-Williams at his disposal, as the program announced Thursday that the big man has failed to meet NCAA eligibility requirements.
“Kavell Bigby-Williams, a 6-10 forward-center signed by the Montana State men’s basketball program last November, failed to meet NCAA eligibility requirements,” the school said according to Gidal Kaiser of the Bozeman Daily Chronicle. “He will not enroll at the school this semester.”
Senior forward Eric Norman, who grabbed 4.4 rebounds per game in 2013-14, is Montana State’s leading returning rebounder with junior Danny Robison looking to earn more playing time after playing just over ten minutes per contest last season. Of Montana State’s five newcomers three are front court players, with junior college transfer Terrell Brown (more of a small forward) and freshmen Quinn Price and Bradley Fisher looking to crack the rotation in their first season with the program.
Montana State finished the 2013-14 season with a 14-17 overall record, going 9-11 in Big Sky play and missing out on the league’s postseason tournament.
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 0
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)