Aug 28, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
With two of their top three leading rebounders in Paul Egwuonwu and Flavien Davis having moved on, it was expected that Montana State would get some help from 6-foot-10 forward/center Kavell Bigby-Williams in 2014-15. Bigby-Williams played for England’s U20 team this summer, averaging 8.9 points and 7.3 rebounds per game in the U20 Division A European Championships.
Unfortunately for new Montana State head coach Brian Fish he won’t have Bigby-Williams at his disposal, as the program announced Thursday that the big man has failed to meet NCAA eligibility requirements.
“Kavell Bigby-Williams, a 6-10 forward-center signed by the Montana State men’s basketball program last November, failed to meet NCAA eligibility requirements,” the school said according to Gidal Kaiser of the Bozeman Daily Chronicle. “He will not enroll at the school this semester.”
Senior forward Eric Norman, who grabbed 4.4 rebounds per game in 2013-14, is Montana State’s leading returning rebounder with junior Danny Robison looking to earn more playing time after playing just over ten minutes per contest last season. Of Montana State’s five newcomers three are front court players, with junior college transfer Terrell Brown (more of a small forward) and freshmen Quinn Price and Bradley Fisher looking to crack the rotation in their first season with the program.
Montana State finished the 2013-14 season with a 14-17 overall record, going 9-11 in Big Sky play and missing out on the league’s postseason tournament.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)