Aug 28, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
With two of their top three leading rebounders in Paul Egwuonwu and Flavien Davis having moved on, it was expected that Montana State would get some help from 6-foot-10 forward/center Kavell Bigby-Williams in 2014-15. Bigby-Williams played for England’s U20 team this summer, averaging 8.9 points and 7.3 rebounds per game in the U20 Division A European Championships.
Unfortunately for new Montana State head coach Brian Fish he won’t have Bigby-Williams at his disposal, as the program announced Thursday that the big man has failed to meet NCAA eligibility requirements.
“Kavell Bigby-Williams, a 6-10 forward-center signed by the Montana State men’s basketball program last November, failed to meet NCAA eligibility requirements,” the school said according to Gidal Kaiser of the Bozeman Daily Chronicle. “He will not enroll at the school this semester.”
Senior forward Eric Norman, who grabbed 4.4 rebounds per game in 2013-14, is Montana State’s leading returning rebounder with junior Danny Robison looking to earn more playing time after playing just over ten minutes per contest last season. Of Montana State’s five newcomers three are front court players, with junior college transfer Terrell Brown (more of a small forward) and freshmen Quinn Price and Bradley Fisher looking to crack the rotation in their first season with the program.
Montana State finished the 2013-14 season with a 14-17 overall record, going 9-11 in Big Sky play and missing out on the league’s postseason tournament.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)