Aug 28, 2014, 10:55 AM EDT
Avery Harriman, the son of Nebraska assistant coach Chris Harriman, got some good news on Wednesday as he will be able to head home from the hospital.
His reaction was caught on video, and it’s awesome:
Avery’s battle is far from over, however, as he’s in the midst of his third battle with leukemia.
“Over first hurdle!” head coach Tim Miles tweeted. “Now some cooking to recharge for next challenge in a week.”
Our thoughts are still with the Harrimans, particularly Avery, as he wages this fight.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 0
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 2
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 23
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (86)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)