Aug 29, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Earlier this summer, former Eastern Kentucky guard Marcus Lewis tried out to compete against the Ball Up Streetball team, an all-star squad with familiar playground legends like the Bone Collector, the Professor and Sik Wit It. In the video above — courtesy of BallisLife — is a collection of Lewis’ high-flying dunks.
In April, Lewis defeated Baylor forward Cory Jefferson and Michigan State big man Adreian Payne in a memorable college slam dunk contest. Lewis bursted onto the scene in October when Eastern Kentucky uploaded his highlights from the program’s Hoopfest Dunk Contest. Lewis averaged 9.8 points and 2.0 rebounds per game for the Colonels, helping the program reach the NCAA tournament. Eastern Kentucky was bounced in the Round of 64, but not before Lewis put a Jayhawk on a poster.
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- UConn lands former Seton Hall guard Sterling Gibbs, eligible immediately 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (6)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)