Aug 29, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Earlier this summer, former Eastern Kentucky guard Marcus Lewis tried out to compete against the Ball Up Streetball team, an all-star squad with familiar playground legends like the Bone Collector, the Professor and Sik Wit It. In the video above — courtesy of BallisLife — is a collection of Lewis’ high-flying dunks.
In April, Lewis defeated Baylor forward Cory Jefferson and Michigan State big man Adreian Payne in a memorable college slam dunk contest. Lewis bursted onto the scene in October when Eastern Kentucky uploaded his highlights from the program’s Hoopfest Dunk Contest. Lewis averaged 9.8 points and 2.0 rebounds per game for the Colonels, helping the program reach the NCAA tournament. Eastern Kentucky was bounced in the Round of 64, but not before Lewis put a Jayhawk on a poster.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)