Aug 29, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Earlier this summer, former Eastern Kentucky guard Marcus Lewis tried out to compete against the Ball Up Streetball team, an all-star squad with familiar playground legends like the Bone Collector, the Professor and Sik Wit It. In the video above — courtesy of BallisLife — is a collection of Lewis’ high-flying dunks.
In April, Lewis defeated Baylor forward Cory Jefferson and Michigan State big man Adreian Payne in a memorable college slam dunk contest. Lewis bursted onto the scene in October when Eastern Kentucky uploaded his highlights from the program’s Hoopfest Dunk Contest. Lewis averaged 9.8 points and 2.0 rebounds per game for the Colonels, helping the program reach the NCAA tournament. Eastern Kentucky was bounced in the Round of 64, but not before Lewis put a Jayhawk on a poster.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 0
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)