Aug 29, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
On Friday afternoon the Indiana High School Athletic Association (ISHAA) upheld a July ruling, which will keep top-40 guard Eron Gordon on the sidelines for his junior season.
Gordon, the brother of New Orleans Pelicans guard Eric Gordon, was ruled ineligible on July 18 after he transferred from North Central High to Cathedral High. The move was believed to be athletically driven. According to the Indianapolis Star, Gordon needs to sit out for a full year from his last game at North Central.
His family claimed the transfer was for academic reasons.
The IHSAA review committee heard testimony from both sides early last week and issued its ruling this afternoon.
The Gordons have 30 days to submit an appeal to the Department of Education’s case review panel, which would issue its ruling based off the transcript of testimony given to the IHSAA’s review committee.
The 6-foot-2 Gordon is a four-star recruit, listed as the No. 38 overall junior by Rivals. He has scholarship offers from Indiana, Purdue, Nebraska and Arizona State. He told NBCSports.com earlier this month that he’s already taken unofficial visits to Duke and Michigan. Gordon was also planning a visit to Kentucky.
If the decision is not overturn, Neddenriep noted the case could end up in trial court.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)