Aug 29, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
On Friday afternoon the Indiana High School Athletic Association (ISHAA) upheld a July ruling, which will keep top-40 guard Eron Gordon on the sidelines for his junior season.
Gordon, the brother of New Orleans Pelicans guard Eric Gordon, was ruled ineligible on July 18 after he transferred from North Central High to Cathedral High. The move was believed to be athletically driven. According to the Indianapolis Star, Gordon needs to sit out for a full year from his last game at North Central.
His family claimed the transfer was for academic reasons.
The IHSAA review committee heard testimony from both sides early last week and issued its ruling this afternoon.
The Gordons have 30 days to submit an appeal to the Department of Education’s case review panel, which would issue its ruling based off the transcript of testimony given to the IHSAA’s review committee.
The 6-foot-2 Gordon is a four-star recruit, listed as the No. 38 overall junior by Rivals. He has scholarship offers from Indiana, Purdue, Nebraska and Arizona State. He told NBCSports.com earlier this month that he’s already taken unofficial visits to Duke and Michigan. Gordon was also planning a visit to Kentucky.
If the decision is not overturn, Neddenriep noted the case could end up in trial court.
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 4
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)