Aug 29, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
On Friday afternoon the Indiana High School Athletic Association (ISHAA) upheld a July ruling, which will keep top-40 guard Eron Gordon on the sidelines for his junior season.
Gordon, the brother of New Orleans Pelicans guard Eric Gordon, was ruled ineligible on July 18 after he transferred from North Central High to Cathedral High. The move was believed to be athletically driven. According to the Indianapolis Star, Gordon needs to sit out for a full year from his last game at North Central.
His family claimed the transfer was for academic reasons.
The IHSAA review committee heard testimony from both sides early last week and issued its ruling this afternoon.
The Gordons have 30 days to submit an appeal to the Department of Education’s case review panel, which would issue its ruling based off the transcript of testimony given to the IHSAA’s review committee.
The 6-foot-2 Gordon is a four-star recruit, listed as the No. 38 overall junior by Rivals. He has scholarship offers from Indiana, Purdue, Nebraska and Arizona State. He told NBCSports.com earlier this month that he’s already taken unofficial visits to Duke and Michigan. Gordon was also planning a visit to Kentucky.
If the decision is not overturn, Neddenriep noted the case could end up in trial court.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)