Aug 29, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
EJ Floreal, who was a walk-on last season as Kentucky, has reportedly received a scholarship for this season, according to Kentucky Sports Radio.
The 6-foot-4 sophomore guard had drawn interest from several low-major Division I schools out in California when he was playing for Palo Alto High. Last June, he decided to enroll at UK where his father, Edrick Floreal, is the track and field head coach. Edrick Floreal was hired in 2012. EJ Floreal ended up transferring to Dunbar High in Lexington for his final year of high school.
While he only appeared in three games as a freshman, Floreal managed to throw down a memorable dunk over teammate and future lottery pick Julius Randle in the Blue vs. White scrimmage at Big Blue Madness.
This summer, Floreal appeared in four of the six games in the Big Blue Bahamas Tour.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 2
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (4)