Aug 29, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
EJ Floreal, who was a walk-on last season as Kentucky, has reportedly received a scholarship for this season, according to Kentucky Sports Radio.
The 6-foot-4 sophomore guard had drawn interest from several low-major Division I schools out in California when he was playing for Palo Alto High. Last June, he decided to enroll at UK where his father, Edrick Floreal, is the track and field head coach. Edrick Floreal was hired in 2012. EJ Floreal ended up transferring to Dunbar High in Lexington for his final year of high school.
While he only appeared in three games as a freshman, Floreal managed to throw down a memorable dunk over teammate and future lottery pick Julius Randle in the Blue vs. White scrimmage at Big Blue Madness.
This summer, Floreal appeared in four of the six games in the Big Blue Bahamas Tour.
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 1
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)