Aug 29, 2014, 10:20 PM EST
Indiana released its entire schedule on Friday. The Hoosiers missed the NCAA tournament last season, then saw Will Sheehey graduate, two players transfer and Noah Vonleh, the team’s top rebounder, become a top-10 pick.
Before Indiana heads into a Big Ten schedule, which features Wisconsin, a preseason top-5 team, it will be tested in the non-conference portion. The Hoosiers take on SMU, Pittsburgh and Louisville in the first month of the season. Luckily, none of those games are true road contests.
Indiana hosts SMU, the preseason favorite in the American, as part of the Hoosier Showcase. Pittsburgh will be Indiana’s opponent in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge. A week later, Tom Crean’s club heads to Madison Square Garden to face Louisville in 2014 Jimmy V Classic.
Other notable games include Georgetown (played in New York) and Butler (played in Indianapolis). Both of those games are scheduled for the end of December.
Here is Indiana’s non-conference slate:
- Nov. 14 vs. Mississippi Valley State
- Nov. 17 vs. Texas Southern
- Nov. 20 vs. SMU
- Nov. 22 vs. Lamar
- Nov. 24 vs. Eastern Washington
- Nov. 28 vs. UNC-Greensboro
- Dec. 2 vs. Pittsburgh
- Dec. 6 vs. Savannah State
- Dec. 9 vs. Louisville
- Dec. 13 vs. Grand Canyon
- Dec. 20 vs. Butler
- Dec. 22 vs. New Orleans
- Dec. 27, vs. Georgetown
The Big Ten schedule was released on Aug. 22. It can be found here.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)