Aug 29, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
Indiana released its entire schedule on Friday. The Hoosiers missed the NCAA tournament last season, then saw Will Sheehey graduate, two players transfer and Noah Vonleh, the team’s top rebounder, become a top-10 pick.
Before Indiana heads into a Big Ten schedule, which features Wisconsin, a preseason top-5 team, it will be tested in the non-conference portion. The Hoosiers take on SMU, Pittsburgh and Louisville in the first month of the season. Luckily, none of those games are true road contests.
Indiana hosts SMU, the preseason favorite in the American, as part of the Hoosier Showcase. Pittsburgh will be Indiana’s opponent in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge. A week later, Tom Crean’s club heads to Madison Square Garden to face Louisville in 2014 Jimmy V Classic.
Other notable games include Georgetown (played in New York) and Butler (played in Indianapolis). Both of those games are scheduled for the end of December.
Here is Indiana’s non-conference slate:
- Nov. 14 vs. Mississippi Valley State
- Nov. 17 vs. Texas Southern
- Nov. 20 vs. SMU
- Nov. 22 vs. Lamar
- Nov. 24 vs. Eastern Washington
- Nov. 28 vs. UNC-Greensboro
- Dec. 2 vs. Pittsburgh
- Dec. 6 vs. Savannah State
- Dec. 9 vs. Louisville
- Dec. 13 vs. Grand Canyon
- Dec. 20 vs. Butler
- Dec. 22 vs. New Orleans
- Dec. 27, vs. Georgetown
The Big Ten schedule was released on Aug. 22. It can be found here.
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 1
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 3
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 20
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 8
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 84
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (84)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)