Aug 29, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
Indiana released its entire schedule on Friday. The Hoosiers missed the NCAA tournament last season, then saw Will Sheehey graduate, two players transfer and Noah Vonleh, the team’s top rebounder, become a top-10 pick.
Before Indiana heads into a Big Ten schedule, which features Wisconsin, a preseason top-5 team, it will be tested in the non-conference portion. The Hoosiers take on SMU, Pittsburgh and Louisville in the first month of the season. Luckily, none of those games are true road contests.
Indiana hosts SMU, the preseason favorite in the American, as part of the Hoosier Showcase. Pittsburgh will be Indiana’s opponent in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge. A week later, Tom Crean’s club heads to Madison Square Garden to face Louisville in 2014 Jimmy V Classic.
Other notable games include Georgetown (played in New York) and Butler (played in Indianapolis). Both of those games are scheduled for the end of December.
Here is Indiana’s non-conference slate:
- Nov. 14 vs. Mississippi Valley State
- Nov. 17 vs. Texas Southern
- Nov. 20 vs. SMU
- Nov. 22 vs. Lamar
- Nov. 24 vs. Eastern Washington
- Nov. 28 vs. UNC-Greensboro
- Dec. 2 vs. Pittsburgh
- Dec. 6 vs. Savannah State
- Dec. 9 vs. Louisville
- Dec. 13 vs. Grand Canyon
- Dec. 20 vs. Butler
- Dec. 22 vs. New Orleans
- Dec. 27, vs. Georgetown
The Big Ten schedule was released on Aug. 22. It can be found here.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)