Aug 29, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
Indiana released its entire schedule on Friday. The Hoosiers missed the NCAA tournament last season, then saw Will Sheehey graduate, two players transfer and Noah Vonleh, the team’s top rebounder, become a top-10 pick.
Before Indiana heads into a Big Ten schedule, which features Wisconsin, a preseason top-5 team, it will be tested in the non-conference portion. The Hoosiers take on SMU, Pittsburgh and Louisville in the first month of the season. Luckily, none of those games are true road contests.
Indiana hosts SMU, the preseason favorite in the American, as part of the Hoosier Showcase. Pittsburgh will be Indiana’s opponent in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge. A week later, Tom Crean’s club heads to Madison Square Garden to face Louisville in 2014 Jimmy V Classic.
Other notable games include Georgetown (played in New York) and Butler (played in Indianapolis). Both of those games are scheduled for the end of December.
Here is Indiana’s non-conference slate:
- Nov. 14 vs. Mississippi Valley State
- Nov. 17 vs. Texas Southern
- Nov. 20 vs. SMU
- Nov. 22 vs. Lamar
- Nov. 24 vs. Eastern Washington
- Nov. 28 vs. UNC-Greensboro
- Dec. 2 vs. Pittsburgh
- Dec. 6 vs. Savannah State
- Dec. 9 vs. Louisville
- Dec. 13 vs. Grand Canyon
- Dec. 20 vs. Butler
- Dec. 22 vs. New Orleans
- Dec. 27, vs. Georgetown
The Big Ten schedule was released on Aug. 22. It can be found here.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)