Aug 30, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Fresh off a NCAA Tournament appearance in 2014, Cincinnati is re-loading with a younger group that will have to move on without Sean Kilpatrick.
But that doesn’t mean Mick Cronin’s team is scheduling any easier. The Bearcats play a tough non-conference slate in 2014-15 that includes a lot of good opponents with NCAA Tournament résumés of their own, according to a release from the school.
Besides the crosstown rivalry game with Xavier in February, which will be a cool non-conference game in the heart of conference season, Cincinnati has some good matchups against either Creighton or Ole Miss on a neutral court, home games against San Diego State and VCU and road games against Nebraska and NC State.
That doesn’t even include the AAC portion of the schedule, which will include some talented teams like defending champion UConn and SMU.
Here is the Cincinnati non-conference schedule:
Fri. Nov. 14: St. Francis [Pa.]
Wed. Nov. 19: Morehead State
Sun. Nov. 23: Eastern Illinois
Tues. Nov. 25: North Carolina Central
Fri. Nov. 28: vs. Middle Tennessee, Niceville, Fla.
Sat. Nov. 29: vs. Creighton or Ole Miss, Niceville, Fla.
Tues. Dec. 2: Stony Brook
Sat. Dec. 13: at Nebraska
Wed. Dec. 17: San Diego State, 9 p.m.
Sat. Dec. 20: VCU, Noon
Tues. Dec. 23: Wagner
Tues. Dec. 30: at NC State, 4 p.m.
Wed. Feb. 18: Xavier, 7 p.m.
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 3
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 5
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 60
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 14
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (60)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)