Aug 30, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Fresh off a NCAA Tournament appearance in 2014, Cincinnati is re-loading with a younger group that will have to move on without Sean Kilpatrick.
But that doesn’t mean Mick Cronin’s team is scheduling any easier. The Bearcats play a tough non-conference slate in 2014-15 that includes a lot of good opponents with NCAA Tournament résumés of their own, according to a release from the school.
Besides the crosstown rivalry game with Xavier in February, which will be a cool non-conference game in the heart of conference season, Cincinnati has some good matchups against either Creighton or Ole Miss on a neutral court, home games against San Diego State and VCU and road games against Nebraska and NC State.
That doesn’t even include the AAC portion of the schedule, which will include some talented teams like defending champion UConn and SMU.
Here is the Cincinnati non-conference schedule:
Fri. Nov. 14: St. Francis [Pa.]
Wed. Nov. 19: Morehead State
Sun. Nov. 23: Eastern Illinois
Tues. Nov. 25: North Carolina Central
Fri. Nov. 28: vs. Middle Tennessee, Niceville, Fla.
Sat. Nov. 29: vs. Creighton or Ole Miss, Niceville, Fla.
Tues. Dec. 2: Stony Brook
Sat. Dec. 13: at Nebraska
Wed. Dec. 17: San Diego State, 9 p.m.
Sat. Dec. 20: VCU, Noon
Tues. Dec. 23: Wagner
Tues. Dec. 30: at NC State, 4 p.m.
Wed. Feb. 18: Xavier, 7 p.m.
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 0
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)