Aug 30, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Fresh off a NCAA Tournament appearance in 2014, Cincinnati is re-loading with a younger group that will have to move on without Sean Kilpatrick.
But that doesn’t mean Mick Cronin’s team is scheduling any easier. The Bearcats play a tough non-conference slate in 2014-15 that includes a lot of good opponents with NCAA Tournament résumés of their own, according to a release from the school.
Besides the crosstown rivalry game with Xavier in February, which will be a cool non-conference game in the heart of conference season, Cincinnati has some good matchups against either Creighton or Ole Miss on a neutral court, home games against San Diego State and VCU and road games against Nebraska and NC State.
That doesn’t even include the AAC portion of the schedule, which will include some talented teams like defending champion UConn and SMU.
Here is the Cincinnati non-conference schedule:
Fri. Nov. 14: St. Francis [Pa.]
Wed. Nov. 19: Morehead State
Sun. Nov. 23: Eastern Illinois
Tues. Nov. 25: North Carolina Central
Fri. Nov. 28: vs. Middle Tennessee, Niceville, Fla.
Sat. Nov. 29: vs. Creighton or Ole Miss, Niceville, Fla.
Tues. Dec. 2: Stony Brook
Sat. Dec. 13: at Nebraska
Wed. Dec. 17: San Diego State, 9 p.m.
Sat. Dec. 20: VCU, Noon
Tues. Dec. 23: Wagner
Tues. Dec. 30: at NC State, 4 p.m.
Wed. Feb. 18: Xavier, 7 p.m.
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)