Aug 30, 2014, 9:57 PM EDT
Four-star shooting guard Haanif Cheatham was one of many talented prospects making an official visit this weekend, with the Florida native making a stop at Marquette. The trip to Milwaukee represented the second official visit in as many weeks for Cheatham, who made a stop at Cal last weekend. And while no decision came on the heels of Cheatham’s visit, it is now known when the guard will announce his decision.
According to multiple outlets Cheatham will announce his decision next Friday afternoon at his school (Pembroke Pines Charter). Marquette is one of two Big East programs remaining on Cheatham’s list, with Georgetown being the other. Cheatham took an unofficial visit to Georgetown in late June, with the program offering him a scholarship at that time.
In addition to Marquette and Georgetown, Baylor Cal, Florida State, and Georgia are in the running for Cheatham’s services.
Whichever school lands Cheatham will be getting a versatile player capable of helping his team in a variety of ways. As a junior at Pembroke Pines Charter, Cheatham posted averages of 26.2 points, ten rebounds and eight assists per contest. Cheatham played for the Nike Team Florida program this spring/summer, averaging 16.9 points and 3.4 rebounds per game in Nike EYBL play.
Cheatham shot 52 percent from the field and 34 percent from beyond the arc in those games.
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? 0
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 5
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 2
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (8)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (5)