Aug 30, 2014, 9:57 PM EST
Four-star shooting guard Haanif Cheatham was one of many talented prospects making an official visit this weekend, with the Florida native making a stop at Marquette. The trip to Milwaukee represented the second official visit in as many weeks for Cheatham, who made a stop at Cal last weekend. And while no decision came on the heels of Cheatham’s visit, it is now known when the guard will announce his decision.
According to multiple outlets Cheatham will announce his decision next Friday afternoon at his school (Pembroke Pines Charter). Marquette is one of two Big East programs remaining on Cheatham’s list, with Georgetown being the other. Cheatham took an unofficial visit to Georgetown in late June, with the program offering him a scholarship at that time.
In addition to Marquette and Georgetown, Baylor Cal, Florida State, and Georgia are in the running for Cheatham’s services.
Whichever school lands Cheatham will be getting a versatile player capable of helping his team in a variety of ways. As a junior at Pembroke Pines Charter, Cheatham posted averages of 26.2 points, ten rebounds and eight assists per contest. Cheatham played for the Nike Team Florida program this spring/summer, averaging 16.9 points and 3.4 rebounds per game in Nike EYBL play.
Cheatham shot 52 percent from the field and 34 percent from beyond the arc in those games.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)