Aug 30, 2014, 9:57 PM EDT
Four-star shooting guard Haanif Cheatham was one of many talented prospects making an official visit this weekend, with the Florida native making a stop at Marquette. The trip to Milwaukee represented the second official visit in as many weeks for Cheatham, who made a stop at Cal last weekend. And while no decision came on the heels of Cheatham’s visit, it is now known when the guard will announce his decision.
According to multiple outlets Cheatham will announce his decision next Friday afternoon at his school (Pembroke Pines Charter). Marquette is one of two Big East programs remaining on Cheatham’s list, with Georgetown being the other. Cheatham took an unofficial visit to Georgetown in late June, with the program offering him a scholarship at that time.
In addition to Marquette and Georgetown, Baylor Cal, Florida State, and Georgia are in the running for Cheatham’s services.
Whichever school lands Cheatham will be getting a versatile player capable of helping his team in a variety of ways. As a junior at Pembroke Pines Charter, Cheatham posted averages of 26.2 points, ten rebounds and eight assists per contest. Cheatham played for the Nike Team Florida program this spring/summer, averaging 16.9 points and 3.4 rebounds per game in Nike EYBL play.
Cheatham shot 52 percent from the field and 34 percent from beyond the arc in those games.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)