Aug 30, 2014, 9:57 PM EST
Four-star shooting guard Haanif Cheatham was one of many talented prospects making an official visit this weekend, with the Florida native making a stop at Marquette. The trip to Milwaukee represented the second official visit in as many weeks for Cheatham, who made a stop at Cal last weekend. And while no decision came on the heels of Cheatham’s visit, it is now known when the guard will announce his decision.
According to multiple outlets Cheatham will announce his decision next Friday afternoon at his school (Pembroke Pines Charter). Marquette is one of two Big East programs remaining on Cheatham’s list, with Georgetown being the other. Cheatham took an unofficial visit to Georgetown in late June, with the program offering him a scholarship at that time.
In addition to Marquette and Georgetown, Baylor Cal, Florida State, and Georgia are in the running for Cheatham’s services.
Whichever school lands Cheatham will be getting a versatile player capable of helping his team in a variety of ways. As a junior at Pembroke Pines Charter, Cheatham posted averages of 26.2 points, ten rebounds and eight assists per contest. Cheatham played for the Nike Team Florida program this spring/summer, averaging 16.9 points and 3.4 rebounds per game in Nike EYBL play.
Cheatham shot 52 percent from the field and 34 percent from beyond the arc in those games.
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 0
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (5)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)