Aug 30, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
With two of their top three scorers entering the 2013-14 season being senior guards T.J. Price and Trency Jackson, adding some depth to the perimeter is something the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers will have to do in the Class of 2015. Head coach Ray Harper was able to do that Friday afternoon, with College of Southern Idaho guard Fredrick Edmond verbally committed to attend WKU. The news was first reported by Evan Daniels of Scout.com.
According to the Bowling Green Daily News this is the second time Edmond has committed to WKU, with the first time coming following his senior year of high school in 2013.
As a freshman at CSI Edmond averaged 18.0 points and 6.2 rebounds per contest, shooting 54.1% from the field and 36.9% from beyond the arc. With Price and Jackson on the way out after the upcoming season, Edmond will have the opportunity to earn minutes in a rotation that will include the likes of Ayinde Sprewell and Chris Harrison-Docks.
Harrison-Docks and Edmond are certainly familiar with each other, as their high schools met in the 2012 Michigan Class A state playoffs. Harrison-Docks’ Okemos HS team held off Edmond’s Lansing Eastern squad by the final score of 71-62 in the District 3 playoff game.
Edmond becomes the second player committed to join the WKU program next season, with point guard Chris McNeal being the other.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)