Aug 30, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
Utah State got some additional front court depth for the 2014-15 season when senior forward Sean Harris was granted a medical hardship waiver by the NCAA and given a sixth year of eligibility, according to a release from the school.
The 6-foot-7, 220-pound Harris sat out the 2012-14 season due to a preseason injury and played just five games in the 2011-12 season at Yuba College before injuring his knee.
Harris only played in 10 games and made one start last season, but he was voted “Most Inspirational” by his teammates during a postseason awards banquet and should give the younger Utah State players a leader to look up to.
“We are delighted that Sean was granted an additional year,” Utah State head coach Stew Morrill said in the release. “His knee appears to be healthy, his work habits will help all our new players, and his leadership as our only senior will be invaluable.”
Although Harris likely won’t see much game action, as Morrill noted, he’s the only senior on the Utah State roster and if his teammates voted him as “Most Inspirational,” then he can set the tone for younger players to work hard this year and for the future.
The Aggies finished 18-14 last season and 7-11 in the Mountain West Conference.
- Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)