Aug 30, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Utah State got some additional front court depth for the 2014-15 season when senior forward Sean Harris was granted a medical hardship waiver by the NCAA and given a sixth year of eligibility, according to a release from the school.
The 6-foot-7, 220-pound Harris sat out the 2012-14 season due to a preseason injury and played just five games in the 2011-12 season at Yuba College before injuring his knee.
Harris only played in 10 games and made one start last season, but he was voted “Most Inspirational” by his teammates during a postseason awards banquet and should give the younger Utah State players a leader to look up to.
“We are delighted that Sean was granted an additional year,” Utah State head coach Stew Morrill said in the release. “His knee appears to be healthy, his work habits will help all our new players, and his leadership as our only senior will be invaluable.”
Although Harris likely won’t see much game action, as Morrill noted, he’s the only senior on the Utah State roster and if his teammates voted him as “Most Inspirational,” then he can set the tone for younger players to work hard this year and for the future.
The Aggies finished 18-14 last season and 7-11 in the Mountain West Conference.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)