Aug 31, 2014, 8:02 PM EST
6-foot-8 small forward Brandon Ingram has developed into one of the nation’s top prospects, with the Kinston, North Carolina native ranked 18th nationally by Rivals.com. With the production has come the attention of some of the best college basketball programs in the country, and on Sunday Ingram announced via Twitter that he’s cut his list to six schools.
Those six schools are, in no particular order, North Carolina, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA and NC State.
This past spring/summer Ingram played for the Stackhouse Elite program, which is run by former North Carolina player and fellow Kinston native Jerry Stackhouse. In addition to the experience with Stackhouse Elite, Ingram also played in the adidas EuroCamp and attended the adidas Nations camp in August. Following that camp Ingram took an unofficial visit to UCLA, and he’s also made stops at Duke and North Carolina with visits to Kansas (October 10) and Kentucky (October 17) on the horizon.
Ingram’s Kinston High team has won three consecutive North Carolina Class 2A state titles, with the small forward scoring 28 points in their 67-57 win over North Rowan HS this past March.
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game 7
- Chase for 180: Boise State rebounds from 0-3 conference start thanks to Derrick Marks 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)