Aug 31, 2014, 8:02 PM EDT
6-foot-8 small forward Brandon Ingram has developed into one of the nation’s top prospects, with the Kinston, North Carolina native ranked 18th nationally by Rivals.com. With the production has come the attention of some of the best college basketball programs in the country, and on Sunday Ingram announced via Twitter that he’s cut his list to six schools.
Those six schools are, in no particular order, North Carolina, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA and NC State.
This past spring/summer Ingram played for the Stackhouse Elite program, which is run by former North Carolina player and fellow Kinston native Jerry Stackhouse. In addition to the experience with Stackhouse Elite, Ingram also played in the adidas EuroCamp and attended the adidas Nations camp in August. Following that camp Ingram took an unofficial visit to UCLA, and he’s also made stops at Duke and North Carolina with visits to Kansas (October 10) and Kentucky (October 17) on the horizon.
Ingram’s Kinston High team has won three consecutive North Carolina Class 2A state titles, with the small forward scoring 28 points in their 67-57 win over North Rowan HS this past March.
- Hoiberg to Chicago means Iowa State has everything riding on hiring right replacement 2
- Brandon Austin’s latest mistake: using the media to try and garner sympathy 2
- Former Missouri forward Johnathan Williams III transfers to Gonzaga 2
- Reports: #FredHoibergWatch takes another step forward 0
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 44
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (44)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Auburn center Trayvon Reed released from jail (5)
- Amidst Iowa State rumors, Jeff Hornacek discusses commitment to Phoenix Suns (5)