Aug 31, 2014, 8:02 PM EDT
6-foot-8 small forward Brandon Ingram has developed into one of the nation’s top prospects, with the Kinston, North Carolina native ranked 18th nationally by Rivals.com. With the production has come the attention of some of the best college basketball programs in the country, and on Sunday Ingram announced via Twitter that he’s cut his list to six schools.
Those six schools are, in no particular order, North Carolina, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA and NC State.
This past spring/summer Ingram played for the Stackhouse Elite program, which is run by former North Carolina player and fellow Kinston native Jerry Stackhouse. In addition to the experience with Stackhouse Elite, Ingram also played in the adidas EuroCamp and attended the adidas Nations camp in August. Following that camp Ingram took an unofficial visit to UCLA, and he’s also made stops at Duke and North Carolina with visits to Kansas (October 10) and Kentucky (October 17) on the horizon.
Ingram’s Kinston High team has won three consecutive North Carolina Class 2A state titles, with the small forward scoring 28 points in their 67-57 win over North Rowan HS this past March.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)