Aug 31, 2014, 5:23 PM EDT
During North Carolina’s quick trip to the Bahamas a couple weeks ago, head coach Roy Williams and his staff participated in the “Ice Bucket Challenge” to bring awareness to the fight to find a cure for ALS (also referred to as Lou Gehrig’s Disease). After completing the challenge Williams challenged his current players, who fulfilled their obligation at Saturday’s football game against Liberty.
The people challenged by the Tar Heels, with Marcus Paige doing the honors: Tyler Hansbrough, UNC athletic director Bubba Cunningham and UNC Associate Director of the Academic Support Program Jenn Townsend.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)