Aug 31, 2014, 5:23 PM EDT
During North Carolina’s quick trip to the Bahamas a couple weeks ago, head coach Roy Williams and his staff participated in the “Ice Bucket Challenge” to bring awareness to the fight to find a cure for ALS (also referred to as Lou Gehrig’s Disease). After completing the challenge Williams challenged his current players, who fulfilled their obligation at Saturday’s football game against Liberty.
The people challenged by the Tar Heels, with Marcus Paige doing the honors: Tyler Hansbrough, UNC athletic director Bubba Cunningham and UNC Associate Director of the Academic Support Program Jenn Townsend.
- Former Villanova guard headed to Oregon for final season 0
- Looking Forward: Seven coaches who’ll enter 2015-16 on the ‘hot seat’ 1
- Looking Forward: The eight most intriguing coaching hires of 2015 2
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ 6
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 8
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 (8)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ (6)