Aug 31, 2014, 5:23 PM EST
During North Carolina’s quick trip to the Bahamas a couple weeks ago, head coach Roy Williams and his staff participated in the “Ice Bucket Challenge” to bring awareness to the fight to find a cure for ALS (also referred to as Lou Gehrig’s Disease). After completing the challenge Williams challenged his current players, who fulfilled their obligation at Saturday’s football game against Liberty.
The people challenged by the Tar Heels, with Marcus Paige doing the honors: Tyler Hansbrough, UNC athletic director Bubba Cunningham and UNC Associate Director of the Academic Support Program Jenn Townsend.
- NBCSports.com Midseason All-American Team 0
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Ohio State Buckeyes 0
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 1
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)