Aug 31, 2014, 5:23 PM EDT
During North Carolina’s quick trip to the Bahamas a couple weeks ago, head coach Roy Williams and his staff participated in the “Ice Bucket Challenge” to bring awareness to the fight to find a cure for ALS (also referred to as Lou Gehrig’s Disease). After completing the challenge Williams challenged his current players, who fulfilled their obligation at Saturday’s football game against Liberty.
The people challenged by the Tar Heels, with Marcus Paige doing the honors: Tyler Hansbrough, UNC athletic director Bubba Cunningham and UNC Associate Director of the Academic Support Program Jenn Townsend.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)