Aug 31, 2014, 5:23 PM EDT
During North Carolina’s quick trip to the Bahamas a couple weeks ago, head coach Roy Williams and his staff participated in the “Ice Bucket Challenge” to bring awareness to the fight to find a cure for ALS (also referred to as Lou Gehrig’s Disease). After completing the challenge Williams challenged his current players, who fulfilled their obligation at Saturday’s football game against Liberty.
The people challenged by the Tar Heels, with Marcus Paige doing the honors: Tyler Hansbrough, UNC athletic director Bubba Cunningham and UNC Associate Director of the Academic Support Program Jenn Townsend.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 7
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (7)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)