Sep 1, 2014, 5:28 PM EDT
Class of 2015 Ohio native Carlton Bragg has been long regarded as one of the best players in the class and on Monday, the 6-foot-9 forward cut his list down to five schools.
Bragg took to Twitter to announce his final five schools, which feature some of the historically best college basketball programs in the country.
Regarded as the No. 14 prospect in the 2015 class, according to Rivals, Bragg is a top-ten talent in the class who is at-times plagued by inconsistent play. There are some games where Bragg looks like the best player on the floor and others in which he floats in and out due to a lack of effort and desire.
Still, any program in the country would be thrilled to have a forward with the kinds of tools that Bragg possesses and he averaged 15.8 points and 8.9 rebounds per game on the adidas Gauntlet this spring with Ohio Basketball Club. Bragg also shot 49 percent from the field, 38 percent from the three-point line and 75 percent from the free-throw line and he has very good touch on his jumper.
Kentucky has long thought to be a favorite for Bragg, but Kansas got some chatter with Bragg this summer and Illinois has been in the picture for a long time as well. Those three schools were clearly going to be in Bragg’s top five since the summer and it will interesting to see if Arizona or UCLA can make up ground on the Cleveland native.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)