Sep 1, 2014, 8:20 PM EST
After making the 2014 NCAA Tournament, Arizona State head coach Herb Sendek has been rewarded with a three-year extension, according to Chris Karpman of ASUDevils.com.
The new contract for Sendek needs to be approved first by the Arizona Board of Regents, but, if approved, his new contract will run through the 2018-19 season while also increasing his annual compensation.
Sendek led the Sun Devils to their second NCAA Tournament appearance during his eight-year tenure last season and owns a 140-119 overall record. Sendek is also 64-80 in the Pac-12 over his eight years at Arizona State.
Under his current deal, Sendek currently makes $1.2 million per year and that deal runs through June 30th of 2016.
Arizona State is coming off of a good season, but without Jahii Carson and Jordan Bachynski they aren’t likely to be nearly as good this season. The Sun Devils have only won one NCAA Tournament game in eight years under Sendek, so this contract extension is a bit of a surprise, considering he had two more years on his contract.
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)