Sep 1, 2014, 2:20 PM EST
Donnie Tyndall added his second commitment on Labor Day weekend as 6-foot-4 guard Shembari Phillips pledged to the Vols on Monday.
“I am truly blessed to say I have officially committed to play at the University of Tennessee,” Phillips tweeted.
A three-star recruit in the Class of 2015, Phillips also reportedly held scholarship offers from the likes of Texas A&M, UCF, East Carolina, Georgia State, Ole Miss and Houston.
Phillips is an athletic wing that has range out to the three-point line, but he has a tendency to drift in and out of games at times. Consistent effort is a key for him. He’s a product of Tucker HS (Ga.), that has produced talented wings MarShon Brooks, formerly of Providence, and fellow Vol Cameron Tatum.
Yesterday, another Class of 20155 wing, Admiral Schofield, verbally committed to the program.
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)