Sep 1, 2014, 2:20 PM EST
Donnie Tyndall added his second commitment on Labor Day weekend as 6-foot-4 guard Shembari Phillips pledged to the Vols on Monday.
“I am truly blessed to say I have officially committed to play at the University of Tennessee,” Phillips tweeted.
A three-star recruit in the Class of 2015, Phillips also reportedly held scholarship offers from the likes of Texas A&M, UCF, East Carolina, Georgia State, Ole Miss and Houston.
Phillips is an athletic wing that has range out to the three-point line, but he has a tendency to drift in and out of games at times. Consistent effort is a key for him. He’s a product of Tucker HS (Ga.), that has produced talented wings MarShon Brooks, formerly of Providence, and fellow Vol Cameron Tatum.
Yesterday, another Class of 20155 wing, Admiral Schofield, verbally committed to the program.
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 1
- Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Burning Questions: Who gets the last shot? (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)