Sep 1, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Donnie Tyndall added his second commitment on Labor Day weekend as 6-foot-4 guard Shembari Phillips pledged to the Vols on Monday.
“I am truly blessed to say I have officially committed to play at the University of Tennessee,” Phillips tweeted.
A three-star recruit in the Class of 2015, Phillips also reportedly held scholarship offers from the likes of Texas A&M, UCF, East Carolina, Georgia State, Ole Miss and Houston.
Phillips is an athletic wing that has range out to the three-point line, but he has a tendency to drift in and out of games at times. Consistent effort is a key for him. He’s a product of Tucker HS (Ga.), that has produced talented wings MarShon Brooks, formerly of Providence, and fellow Vol Cameron Tatum.
Yesterday, another Class of 20155 wing, Admiral Schofield, verbally committed to the program.
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)