Sep 1, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Donnie Tyndall added his second commitment on Labor Day weekend as 6-foot-4 guard Shembari Phillips pledged to the Vols on Monday.
“I am truly blessed to say I have officially committed to play at the University of Tennessee,” Phillips tweeted.
A three-star recruit in the Class of 2015, Phillips also reportedly held scholarship offers from the likes of Texas A&M, UCF, East Carolina, Georgia State, Ole Miss and Houston.
Phillips is an athletic wing that has range out to the three-point line, but he has a tendency to drift in and out of games at times. Consistent effort is a key for him. He’s a product of Tucker HS (Ga.), that has produced talented wings MarShon Brooks, formerly of Providence, and fellow Vol Cameron Tatum.
Yesterday, another Class of 20155 wing, Admiral Schofield, verbally committed to the program.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)