Sep 1, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Donnie Tyndall added his second commitment on Labor Day weekend as 6-foot-4 guard Shembari Phillips pledged to the Vols on Monday.
“I am truly blessed to say I have officially committed to play at the University of Tennessee,” Phillips tweeted.
A three-star recruit in the Class of 2015, Phillips also reportedly held scholarship offers from the likes of Texas A&M, UCF, East Carolina, Georgia State, Ole Miss and Houston.
Phillips is an athletic wing that has range out to the three-point line, but he has a tendency to drift in and out of games at times. Consistent effort is a key for him. He’s a product of Tucker HS (Ga.), that has produced talented wings MarShon Brooks, formerly of Providence, and fellow Vol Cameron Tatum.
Yesterday, another Class of 20155 wing, Admiral Schofield, verbally committed to the program.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)