Sep 1, 2014, 12:54 PM EST
Jayson Tatum is a consensus top five recruit in the Class of 2016, and depending on who you ask, he may actually be the best prospect in all of high school basketball.
A 6-foot-8 wing, Tatum is a silky-smooth scorer with long arms and the kind of glide going to the rim that makes it look like he’s barely trying to blow by defenders off the dribble. He needs to add strength to his frame and improve his perimeter jumper, and his lack of elite-level explosiveness is a bit of a concern moving forward, but there’s no doubt that Tatum is as good as anyone in a class that may end up being better than the Class of 2013.
On Monday, Tatum announced his final ten schools: Arizona, Duke, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Mizzou, North Carolina, Saint Louis, UConn and Wake Forest.
Seeing Saint Louis — and, to a point, Missouri — on a list with the likes of Arizona, Kansas, Duke and Kentucky is a little bit confusing unless you know Tatum’s back story, as Raphielle Johnson detailed here. Tatum is from Saint Louis. His father, Justin, played there, as did his godfather, Larry Hughes.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)