Sep 2, 2014, 4:09 PM EST
The 30-for-30 series is one of the best bits of sports journalism to come along this decade, and it could get even better for college basketball fans this Selection Sunday.
According to a tweet from Gene Wojciechowski, an ESPN.com writer, the network will be airing a 30-for-30 on Christian Laettner on Selection Sunday this March.
What will this be about?
Well, who knows. Maybe the Duke-Kentucky Regional Final in 1992 that may very well be the best college basketball game ever played. Maybe it will focus on the infamous stomp. Maybe it will be about how one of the best college basketball players the game has ever seen also happened to be one of the most-hated players in the game. Maybe it’s about how he’s still one of the most hated players in the game.
Whatever the case may be, the bottom line is that this is going to be must-see TV for college basketball fans the same way that last year’s ‘Requiem for the Big East’ was.
Because people are not afraid to say things like this about Laettner on national television:
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)