Sep 2, 2014, 4:09 PM EDT
The 30-for-30 series is one of the best bits of sports journalism to come along this decade, and it could get even better for college basketball fans this Selection Sunday.
According to a tweet from Gene Wojciechowski, an ESPN.com writer, the network will be airing a 30-for-30 on Christian Laettner on Selection Sunday this March.
What will this be about?
Well, who knows. Maybe the Duke-Kentucky Regional Final in 1992 that may very well be the best college basketball game ever played. Maybe it will focus on the infamous stomp. Maybe it will be about how one of the best college basketball players the game has ever seen also happened to be one of the most-hated players in the game. Maybe it’s about how he’s still one of the most hated players in the game.
Whatever the case may be, the bottom line is that this is going to be must-see TV for college basketball fans the same way that last year’s ‘Requiem for the Big East’ was.
Because people are not afraid to say things like this about Laettner on national television:
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)