Sep 2, 2014, 4:09 PM EST
The 30-for-30 series is one of the best bits of sports journalism to come along this decade, and it could get even better for college basketball fans this Selection Sunday.
According to a tweet from Gene Wojciechowski, an ESPN.com writer, the network will be airing a 30-for-30 on Christian Laettner on Selection Sunday this March.
What will this be about?
Well, who knows. Maybe the Duke-Kentucky Regional Final in 1992 that may very well be the best college basketball game ever played. Maybe it will focus on the infamous stomp. Maybe it will be about how one of the best college basketball players the game has ever seen also happened to be one of the most-hated players in the game. Maybe it’s about how he’s still one of the most hated players in the game.
Whatever the case may be, the bottom line is that this is going to be must-see TV for college basketball fans the same way that last year’s ‘Requiem for the Big East’ was.
Because people are not afraid to say things like this about Laettner on national television:
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 0
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 1
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)