Sep 2, 2014, 4:09 PM EDT
The 30-for-30 series is one of the best bits of sports journalism to come along this decade, and it could get even better for college basketball fans this Selection Sunday.
According to a tweet from Gene Wojciechowski, an ESPN.com writer, the network will be airing a 30-for-30 on Christian Laettner on Selection Sunday this March.
What will this be about?
Well, who knows. Maybe the Duke-Kentucky Regional Final in 1992 that may very well be the best college basketball game ever played. Maybe it will focus on the infamous stomp. Maybe it will be about how one of the best college basketball players the game has ever seen also happened to be one of the most-hated players in the game. Maybe it’s about how he’s still one of the most hated players in the game.
Whatever the case may be, the bottom line is that this is going to be must-see TV for college basketball fans the same way that last year’s ‘Requiem for the Big East’ was.
Because people are not afraid to say things like this about Laettner on national television:
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 0
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1