Sep 2, 2014, 9:25 AM EDT
Avery Harriman, the young son of Nebraska assistant coach Chris Harriman, is going head-to-head with leukemia for the third time in his seven years.
Last week, Avery got some great news, learning that he would be able to leave the hospital and the chemotherapy treatments for the Labor Day weekend, and he reacted the way you might expect a seven-year old would. That video has gone viral, making it on the Today Show:
Avery’s battle is far from over, as Gary Parrish of CBSSports detailed in this column. Our thoughts are with the Harrimans.
— Chris Harriman (@chrisharriman24) August 29, 2014
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1